• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4th and inches

Toolbox

I was OK with all tons calls on 4th down and end of the half. I had an issue with the punt at the 50. We had a defense that needed a sustained offensive drive by the O in order to rest. Not to mention the momentum that would have been gained. On addition what did we have to lose. Everybody believed we were going to lose. The pressure was on the Hawks to win this game.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

hell no on ur own 34. I am talking about the 50 yd line here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

4th and 2....up and home against an opponent that wasnt doing much?

That doesn't seem smart....not with how our D was playing. Keep playing field position. Can't set them up

It wasn't even inches it was less than an inch. Why waste time on the measurement if your scared playing not to lose ass won't go for it.

Exactly if you are too scared to go for a 4th and maybe and inch and a half then you simply shouldn't be a coach..

I'm probably in the minority here, but I didn't disagree with that call. Mainly because I didn't trust Shula to make the right call to get the first and second, because there was so much game left, and third, we were somewhere around our own 35 or 40 IIRC. Had it been in the 4th, absolutely.

And as made a abundantly clear in my posts, I hate Rivera, so I'm definitely not defending the idiot.

It was the right call.

Archived