• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Away game safety

osd22

Short question to ya'll who are familiar with other stadiums. I will fly over from Germany to see the TNG at Tampa. A few weeks later I will be in Florida again to see the game in Miami. I will bring my wife and our five year old daughter to that game in Miami. We have upper level seats, so called child / family seats. In Tampa I have a lower level seat behind the panthers bench.

Do you think I / we will get much heat from drunken morons or are both places known to be safe / welcomming? I was at our away game against the Giants three years ago, lower level, people were quite nice. I am a little concerned because we bring our kid and I do want to avoid any trouble. But of course I / we want to show our colors.

Thanks for some suggestions. Go Panthers!

Tampa has a worse overall fanbase than us, they were 31st in attendance only beating Oakland last year. Not only should you have no problem with fans, there should be plenty of empty seats around you and a seat in front of you to put your feet on.

Miami was 29th in attendance, same situation.

Florida is the worst state for football fanbases in the country.

I went to see them in Miami in '05 I believe it was, and I wore my Panthers Jersey. Ill never wear a Panthers jersey to an away game again. The miami fans at one point were throwing plastic beer bottles at some Panthers fans. I heard alot of poo talk. Im glad the panthers lost that game because It was a pretty ruff crowd and if they had won I probably would have been in a fight or two.

You won't have any issues in Tampa. I flew in from Hamilton, Ontario for last year's season opener. I donned Panther blue in the upper level and didn't hear a word from Bucs fans. Terrible attendance made for a poor atmosphere, but you'll be safe and can enjoy the day with your family.

I don't expect to experience the same courtesies this weekend in Buffalo! 

I don't think those stadiums will give you much grief any more than our own... you're going to encounter drunken morons pretty much anywhere.

I saw my fair share Sunday.  I was seated beside a drinking Seahawks fan, but he was pretty tame honestly.

The two Panthers fans on the other side of my son were far more unruly, and drunk, than he was.

Tampa has a worse overall fanbase than us, they were 31st in attendance only beating Oakland last year. Not only should you have no problem with fans, there should be plenty of empty seats around you and a seat in front of you to put your feet on.

Miami was 29th in attendance, same situation.

Florida is the worst state for pro football fanbases in the country.

fixed.

You must not watch college football. Gator, Noles, and Canes fans are something else.

Archived