• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need Prayers and a thank you to the Huddle

teeray

I usually don't do things like this but basically need to vent. My step dad is dying. He was diagnosed pancreatic cancer over a year ago so I feel fortunate that he has made it this long, but it has now started to spread and vital organs are starting to malfunction. I was just with him these last few days. He was hanging in there but clearly struggling but he was still making plans for one last big get together with the family in October. I just got back home and within hours of walking in the door he has been rushed to the hospital.

My mother is the only one down there to care for him when us children cannot be there (they live on the Crystal Coast) She is in complete denial, is depressed, and has basically turned a borderline useless alcoholic. She is supposed to be taking care of him but some days she doesn't even get out of bed. It has created resentment toward her throughout both families, ours and his. As his health declines so does hers. She has developed acute asthma and at times has trouble breathing.

This has been a tough time for me and my family. Those of you that are religious I ask for your prayers for my family, and those that are not please just send us quiet wishes of strength for him and my mom.

Also want to thank you guys and gals on the Huddle. This place is always a welcome distraction. Arguing about Cam Newton or talking poo about Rivera is always a way to get my mind off of real problems. No matter if we go 0-16 there is always more important things (although losing fugging heartbreakers like last week is rough on the nerves as well). But this place always give me something to laugh about or debate about and that is always welcome.

Again, I don't usually do threads like this but am just venting off some emotion as I await to hear back from the folks at the hospital. Hopefully he will be back to his house by Sunday because he still enjoys cheering on the Panthers.

Thanks and sorry this is so long and glum. Go Panthers!

My thoughts are with you, brother. As a survivor and someone who's dealt with the C in more ways than most, I know what you're going through.

Might I suggest hospice assistance to help provide care? And Mom needs to get help, too. The emotional and physical burden of caring for him is obviously too much.

My thoughts are with you, brother. As a survivor and someone who's dealt with the C in more ways than most, I know what you're going through.

Might I suggest hospice assistance to help provide care? And Mom needs to get help, too. The emotional and physical burden of caring for him is obviously too much.

Yes. Hospice will be coming as soon as he leaves the hospital.

Archived