• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Getting Defensive - Arizona Cardinals

Zod

The Carolina Panthers head to Arizona on Sunday where they will try to being their record to 2-2.

After handing the NY Giants their first shut out in years, the Carolina Panthers defense will continue their quest for league domination. Arizona currently ranks 27th in the league in total offense. The Panthers should be able to hold them to under 10 points.

Here is a preview of what you will see Sunday....

• Arizona won't be able to run the ball. Rashard Mendenhall had an awful performance last week. 21 yards gained on 12 carries and two fumbles. It doesn't get much worse for a running back. Rookie Andre Ellington may get more carries this week. Ellington is a speedy edge runner, but should be stifled by the Panthers superior linebackers and defensive ends.
  • Carson Palmer will fold under pressure. A quick look at Palmer's stats tells the story. While under no pressure, Palmer's completion percentage is a respectable 64%. However, while under pressure that number drops to only 20%. If the Panthers front four can get pressure in the base packages the game is over.
  • Larry Fitzgerald will have his moments. The Panthers secondary will not be able to contain Fitzgerald the entire game. I expect a big play or two from him. Although the Cardinals offense is struggling, Fitzgerald has three touchdowns so far this season. The Panthers will give plenty of safety help in covering him, as the deep long ball has been the Panthers weakness on defense at times this season.
Overall I see a very productive day for the Panthers defense on Sunday. If they can contain the outside edges in the run game and get pressure with their base package it will be an easy victory.

Click here to view the article

• Pie 4

It's the offense that worries me this game.

yeah, their defense is pretty stout. the bucs did manage to score 10, tho. ...and that was with beanpole glennon throwing.  

i think we can get at least 14 from the offense and maybe another from the defense (i think the D is due for a score).

meanwhile, i wouldn't be a bit surprised to see another shut out from the defense. i really can't wait to see what that pass rush can do to the cards. and their run game? fugetaboutit.

God write up. I agree on all points. Speaking as someone who was about thirty yards away when Kraken laid that smack down on Carson last year (it rattled MY fillings, not mention what it did to Palmer), I can't help but believe he'll have a bad case of sweaty palms when he sees Hardy lining up against him. How about a similar analysis for the offense?

God write up. I agree on all points. Speaking as someone who was about thirty yards away when Kraken laid that smack down on Carson last year (it rattled MY fillings, not mention what it did to Palmer), I can't help but believe he'll have a bad case of sweaty palms when he sees Hardy lining up against him. How about a similar analysis for the offense?

They have some playmakers in the secondary.....I think we need a somewhat conservative offense approach unless forced to open it up.

Can't allow there one strength to have a big impact.

• Pie 1

They have yet to face a top 20 rushing attack this season.

Panthers are a top 5 rushing attack.

I think we will have success.

I didn't realize that. My fear is them shutting the run down, forcing Cam to throw with two dynamic DB's. I know they're really worried about Olsen. By them I mean their fans.

I'm really just worried about the normal Rivera Panthers showing up and finding new ways to lose to an inferior opponent.

They have yet to face a top 20 rushing attack this season.

Panthers are a top 5 rushing attack.

I think we will have success.

Panthers also have faced the 27th, 28th and 18th rush defenses.

like most weeks, we go in confident or worried about something and it gets flipped on its head.

This would be a potential area to watch for.

• Pie 3

With our running game resurging, I feel we'll manage to put up a respectable 24 points. I'm not convinced their defense is good enough to stop us in this area. As far as their offense is concerned, Carson Palmer is a decent QB, but I think he's going to get shaken up early by who other then the Kraken, and will struggle. I'm predicting when win this game convincenly: 24-13

Panthers also have faced the 27th, 28th and 18th rush defenses.

like most weeks, we go in confident or worried about something and it gets flipped on its head.

This would be a potential area to watch for.

And we will have to prove we can run the ball to win. If we can do that then we will be able to nullify there only way to beat us. Well provided Shula or Rivera does not poo the bed but that's every week.