• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Farewell to Jon Beason

Zod

Not a chance that Beason's number gets retired.  He did not do enough to come close to warranting that honor.

Most teams retire numbers as fan favorites and as a way for the organization to show their appreciation for the players and his relationship with the fans.

Does anyone here even know if the Panther organization has an established criteria for retiring numbers?

Right now? John Kasay and Steve Smith are likely the only two players, past or current, who are likely to receive this honor.

I don't really post on here, but damn. Beason is one of the best leaders this team has ever had and I'm seriously going to miss him. I'm so happy that he gets to go somewhere to play the mike, but his presence will undoubtedly be missed. Bye Jon Beason, you're one of my favorite players in the game.

Thanks for giving it your all and being a class act, that's all a fan can ask for. I wish him nothing but the best in NY (except when you play us!).

• Pie 2

bleh a late round draft pick for a real good MLB.

Sorry Jon.. your worth way more than that.

The worth of anything is determined from what another will pay for it.

Beason is nowhere near the elite MLB that he was a few seasons ago.  He has had 3 surgeries in 17 months and has struggled to regain even starting quality form.  Blackburn was a major upgrade to him based on the way he had performed.

I loved Beason as a player, but the injuries were just too much to overcome.

Draft pick is undisclosed according to panthers.com

http://pnth.rs/1e005Kb

"It was very tough (to trade Beason) because of what he has meant to this organization, to this team, to the defense and to the linebackers," Rivera said. "He texted me this morning and said, ‘I want to make sure everybody knows I truly appreciate everything, and I love the guys in the locker room.'"