• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The phrase "QBR" and "Turnover Differential"- via ESPN,NFLN, FOX

OneBadCat

Is it just me or does anyone cringe every time they hear an ESPN analyst say "QBR". Is it that hard to just say Quarterback Rating, or even QB rating? It sounds so stupid every time I hear it. I feel like it's just a lousy ESPN coin phrase to make their female analysts seem more intelligent or in depth at the game of football.(It's often them that say this). Not that I have a problem with women covering sports, it just seems really forced in the NFL.

Also every time Brian Billick says turn over differential I want to slap him in the face. Football is not fuging mathematics and calculus. It doesn't impress anyone to say more flowery versions of "This team has more TD's than interceptions."

Maybe I'm being a jerk i just find it annoying.

Is it just me or does anyone cringe every time they hear an ESPN analyst say "QBR". Is it that hard to just say Quarterback Rating, or even QB rating? It sounds so stupid every time I hear it. I feel like it's just a lousy ESPN coin phrase to make their female analysts seem more smart or in depth at the game of football.(It's often them that say this). Not that I have a problem with women covering sports, it just seems really forced in the NFL.

Also every time Brian Billick says turn over differential I want to slap him in the face. Football is not fuging mathematics and calculus. It doesn't impress anyone to say more flowery versions of "This team has more TD's than interceptions."

Maybe I'm being a jerk i just find it annoying.

ESPN uses the term QBR when referencing their proprietary stat "Total QBR", which is completely different from Quarterback Rating or QB rating as you insinuate. 

As to the rest of your odd rant.....I'm sorry that big words that, ironically enough, are being used to simplify the phrase/description in question, make you angry

ESPN uses the term QBR when referencing their proprietary stat "Total QBR", which is completely different from Quarterback Rating or QB rating as you insinuate. 

As to the rest of your odd rant.....I'm sorry that big words that, ironically enough, are being used to simplify the phrase/description in question, make you angry

Ah I did not know there was a difference. Damn I made myself look like an asshole. I apologize if I offended anybody. It still sounds stupid as hell though. And no big words don't make me angry. It's Brian Billick trying to be smart that makes me angry.

What is ESPN?

It's this network that stands for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network. They have their own channel and everything. They have the best and most accurate sports news sources available. Their premier analysts have most truthful and unbiased storytelling. Including insightful Panther related topics such as "Cam's towel divides locker room", "Cam mopes at press conference, thus Panthers 1-4". Have you heard of it?

People shorten things. You used QB, NFL, and ESPN. Why can you use abbreviations as you want, but not others?

Also do you think turnover differential is a difference between TDs and INTs? Are you not aware of how important the actual TO differential is?

Giveaways and takeaways. You know what I mean. Billick says it 30 times a game. When saying the abbreviation takes just as long as saying the actual phrase it isn't that useful.

In other words, ESPN play by their own rules and tell us to buy into them.

Speaking of completely random posts, anyone remember that two year stint where Merrill Hodge tried to change AD's nickname to "The Cashier", because he'll "make you pay"? I remember him constantly trying to shove it down everyone's throat, and was never successful, and for some reason it gave me great pleasure. So yeah, I'll just leave that little nugget right here.

Technically what people call Quarterback Rating is actually called Passer Rating, because you don't have to be a quarterback to get it, you just have to throw a pass. It's just easier to call it QB rating.

Ladanian Tomilinson had a career perfect passer rating at one point, because like 75% of the very few passes he attempted were touchdowns.

Speaking of completely random posts, anyone remember that two year stint where Merrill Hodge tried to change AD's nickname to "The Cashier", because he'll "make you pay"? I remember him constantly trying to shove it down everyone's throat, and was never successful, and for some reason it gave me great pleasure. So yeah, I'll just leave that little nugget right here.

Oh yeah, that was terrible. How quickly did he murder the term factor back?

Archived