• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official 2014 Head Coaching Search / Candidate Thread

Dash Global

How is today Rivera's fault?

great question.  I've come to a simple answer thus far.  When proven players continually fug up in games, the coach is not getting players focused/motivated to play on gameday.  I don't really give a damn if you fall for this fallacy that "players getting paid millions should motivate themselves".

Fug that. I dont see the logic in that. 

You hire a HC for managerial, leadership, and motivational purposes. 

You need offensive and defensive coordinators to call the plays. 

In which case why leave it to your HC to make that decision when you as a GM and owner are more than capable? 

Head coaches many times than not hire their buddies or past associates that many times are not the best man for the job going off resume. 

You want to tell a head coaching candidate he can't pick his own staff?

Unless he's an absolute scrub, desperate for any job in the NFL, he'll tell you "see ya".

He's the head football coach, that's why. This team is HIS responsibility. He's the be all, end all of every single decision that happens on the field.

Bad playcalling? His fault. Dropped passes? His fault. Penalties? His fault. Loss in a close game? His fault. This team is his gain and his loss.

He's the boss. It's like ANYTHING else. If something is broken, it's his job to fix it himself or locate a person or course of action to fix it. That's the job description of the boss.

It's his staff, his team, his players, everything that happens between the lines belongs to him.

If someone goes on the field with their shoes untied, it's his fault.

He isn't doing his job. This team is undisciplined, and it's his fault. This team also doesn't execute, and it's his fault.

He needs to go, and he needs to go now. I've been in his corner, but HE NEEDS TO GO.

According to your logic its Tom Coughlin's fault the Giants lost 38-0 because his o-line couldn't block, WRs couldn't catch, RBs couldn't get yards, undisciplined.

Some of you guys make me sick. It's not all but it's a select few. People come on the forums and bitched and moan about Rivera game management decisions and his decisions to not go for it on 4th down. Then when he isn't conservative at all, you guys still bitch and moan. Like what the fug do you want the man to do? This loss was on the players. He was pretty good today at managing the game and even went for it on 4th down. (And if he didn't went for it, there would have been 23952384524 threads calling a Rivera a pussy/conservative for not going for it)

I didn't know Rivera can throw passes, block, catch, run, etc.

Unfortunately, he will probably be fired because it's easier to get rid of the coaching staff rather than getting rid of players.

According to your logic its Tom Coughlin's fault the Giants lost 38-0 because his o-line couldn't block, WRs couldn't catch, RBs couldn't get yards, undisciplined.

Some of you guys make me sick. It's not all but it's a select few. People come on the forums and bitched and moan about Rivera game management decisions and his decisions to not go for it on 4th down. Then when he isn't conservative at all, you guys still bitch and moan. Like what the fug do you want the man to do? This loss was on the players. He was pretty good today at managing the game and even went for it on 4th down. (And if he didn't went for it, there would have been 23952384524 threads calling a Rivera a pussy/conservative for not going for it)

Unfortunately, he will probably be fired because it's easier to get rid of the coaching staff rather than getting rid of players.

1. Referencing Tom Coughlin, my answer is yes. Consistently bad gameplanning and coaching by he and HIS staff, followed by the bad play of HIS players. See the trend? However, Coughlin is a different story. He's proven time and time again that he can rile his troops. Can he do it now? Don't know, but what's for sure is that he's proven he can. He's got the rings.

2. I never said anything about 4th down or anything, so no, I'm not included in that ring

3. Never said he could do any of those things, but it's HIS job to ensure that the best possible group is on the field, the best possible staff is in the booth and on the sidelines, and that HIS players aren't making boneheaded plays/penalties/anything to cost a game. Show emotion, rile players up. Be vocal and explain how bad they're playing AND how good they're playing. Show love and show hate. This is an EMOTIONAL GAME. During a game, he barely even SPEAKS to his team. That's very obvious. Look at the best coaches in the NFL, even Belichick the most monotoned boring person in the whole league freaks the f*ck out on his team in good and bad ways during a game.

His staff isn't doing a good job, his players aren't doing a good job, and in turn HE is not accomplishing HIS job.

This season instantly becomes his fault because his job is not being accomplished. It isn't fair, but that's the way that hierarchical structures and management works. He's the manager, he figures sh*t out. Period. If he can't, find someone who will. How many times have you heard that in your life? I know I've heard it plenty. "If you can't do it, we'll find someone who will."

Coughlin is a proven 2 time SB winning coach. 

Rivera cant even muster a winning season. 

At the end of the day Rivera is responsible for every aspect of this team. Its his job to COACH up the players. So even the bad players argument doesnt fly. Its his job to scheme and gameplan around our weaknesses and strengths. 

He has had his chance. 

Time to move on. 

Do not understand this obsession with Sumlin. His offense, to me, isn't that special and I really don't think his style would fit the NFL.

Out of the college ranks, I do like Sarkisan from Washington and Fritzgerald from Northwestern... I think these guys will surprise some folks.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Do not understand this obsession with Sumlin. His offense, to me, isn't that special and I really don't think his style would fit the NFL.

Out of the college ranks, I do like Sarkisan from Washington and Fritzgerald from Northwestern... I think these guys will surprise some folks.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You dont understand the obsession with a guy that has done nothing but field top 10 offenses and turned out un godly stats from QBs? 

He is about as proven as an offensive / qb guru as you can come. 

Whether his offense will work in the NFL is another story. 

I am more than ready to take a chance. Fug these defensive minded simple offensive schemes. We need innovation and someone with a PROVEN record of producing un goldly QB stats. 

Archived