• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nicks

Strawman

Have been paying close attention to him vs Bears, seems more like a great #2, rather than a #1 TBH. Combine that with the previous injury issues, and I'm not sure the expectations / hopes I've seen here about signing him next year as Steve's replacement are realistic.

BTW Randle is a worse version of LaFell.

Anyone remember what the Bears gave the Dolphins for Marshall? He's a beast.

I've seen Randle catch passes tonight and last week. I'd rather have Randle.

The ideal number 1  for this offense has to be a deep threat which Nicks doesnt fit, but he would be a hell of a number 2 as a possession guy. Still worth it, and Randle is a better receiver than Lafell in every way. U gotta be kidding me with that remark.

Agreed on Randle.  He's a more impactful player as a number three receiver in his 2nd year than Lafell is as a number two receiver in his 4th.  

After seeing Nicks drop the ball on that slant route, he may just be the perfect fit here after all

He's the next big thing right now, before him it was Mike Wallace. The thing that the people who are clamoring to sign him like he's other worldly won't talk about are all these other WR's who looked so great for the Giants who are doing squat, or out of the league altogether.

If Smith retired after this year, I would take Nicks as a possession guy. Wont happen though. But, I still want a genuine 1st round good receiver out of this next draft.

Lets face it a lot of the Giants receivers whether #1 or #3 are better then a lot of our guys.

Well your best WR doesn't necessarily have to be your "#1"

Welker would never be considered a #1 but has been the best WR on a couple teams.

Agree 100% you made several good points.

He definitely isn't the top guy in Denver. I dream of a guy like D Thomas for us. Strong, big , fast with good hands. I dream of having those kind of receiver problems on this team..lol

Thomas, Welker and Decker.

Nicks obviously has the tools but not loving some of the intangibles in regards to catching the ball away from his body and running the route the qb obviously expects him to run.  Communication is lacking with Eli and not real happy with effort level on a couple of plays either.

Playing with Steve and Cam may fix that, but still a big question mark.

?  you're supposed to catch the ball away from your body- with your hands..... body catcher= bad. His great hands are his  best attribute.  Unless you mean carry  the ball away from your body.  That is something he's done since UNC days.   Oddly though he hardly fumbled that I can remember.  Seems to have  knack for knowing whos around him and protecting when needed.

Archived