• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

wharton, star, and newton...3 performances of note (pff)

I think that the opportunity to pad stats with pressure on the DL was hindered by us blitzing. You cant expect to push through to 300 lb men and get to a QB faster than a LB or DB coming untouched off the edge. While im sure Star did not have his best day, i think its tuff to evaluate a DL, when they dont have time to get to the QB to rush him cause a free blitzer did.

I think that the opportunity to pad stats with pressure on the DL was hindered by us blitzing. You cant expect to push through to 300 lb men and get to a QB faster than a LB or DB coming untouched off the edge. While im sure Star did not have his best day, i think its tuff to evaluate a DL, when they dont have time to get to the QB to rush him cause a free blitzer did.

That may be backwards. They blitzed because the 4 werent getting to tye QB. It happens sonetimes.

That may be backwards. They blitzed because the 4 werent getting to tye QB. It happens sonetimes.

While i do understand the need to bring extra players because the DL is not generating pressure. It did not seem that that was the case against the Vikes. It seemed they came in with a plan to bring extra defenders to confuse Cassel. They came out of the gate that way, it did not seem like an adjustment. Maybe im seeing this wrong but thats how it seemed. I beleive the coaching staff saw what the blitzing did to Cam against the Cards and said hmm this might hep us beet the Vikes. Also i am not to sure they will do that against the Rams, as Bradford is good at deciding were to put the ball when being blitzed. i expect the DL to look better this week as they will not have their thunder stolen from the DB/LB. however that means the DBs need to cover a split second longer but they will have more of them out to help.

IF, our front four cannot produce consistent pressure, we are very willing and able to throw some blitzes at you. We may never be blitz happy because, well..., we really don't need to. But when we have to, or just as a pleasant surprise. Sure, here we come.

Although we may seem to be blitzing more than in the past, I would not call us a blitz happy team. We are physical and athletic. We play smart and can throw a poo ton of looks at you. We are aggressive, and everyone knows their role. But, we are not afraid to throw a blitz or two at ya. If they work, we win. If they don't work, we'll see ya soon.

Add that all up and what do you get? The Vikes and the Rams. Two team with aspirations, who got spanked, and couldn't handle it. You are going to see a lot of teams upset with us. Our Defense is nasty, and our Offense has to practice against it every day. Believe it or not. We are a very physical team. Teams can handle that when they beat you. When they lose? Not so much.

I love how aggressive we have become. On both Offense and Defense. Keep it up guys.

Amini was playing well, I had no problem with him getting the nod.

Amini made our line better. I can live with that.

Wharton, his best position is LG.

For the Panthers? If you are an O-lineman, you are probably going to play. Same could be said for the D-line. We rotate everyone. I like it. We have depth on the lines. Whood a thunk it? Ok, maybe that O-line depth could use some help, but we are being successful with what we have.

Kugzilla wins a spot next year would be a great best case. With Kalil, Amini, and Kugz, we would be good, and young up the middle. Draft a starting LT, resign Gross for RT, and that line could take us anywhere.

We are pretty good on the O-line this year. Starter wise, I guess it could be worse. But we have to do something to upgrade the depth. When Byers and Chandler are your top back-ups. You need to upgrade the depth.

Archived