• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Is Improving

mav1234

This is Cam's best season so far, maybe not statistically, but in a lot of other ways I see a young QB really, really improving.  Remember how raw he was when we drafted him, and remember how little time he had in college.  He has improved so much, and I'm so glad I was so very wrong about drafting him. 

For all of you crowing about how he isn't improving, watch his progressions, his ball placement, the way he adjusts the velocity of his throws.  He's making smart decisions with the ball and with his legs on most plays, and though he still seems to sometimes get caught by delayed blitzes, he's playing grown by leaps and bounds.  His footwork has improved substantially since he entered the league and you can see it in where the ball is being delivered.  I'm glad he's learning to take what the defense is giving him, too.

Props go out to our receivers and coaches for both stepping up as well, which I think they have overall, I'm not trying to take away from them, but Cam has DEFINITELY improved. He may not put up the same kind of raw yardage totals he did his rookie campaign but this offense is built to win differently now.

I'm so excited to see him continue to grow this season and for years to come.  Go Panthers!

It's not just about this game, but this season.  He did have a bad game earlier this season, but honestly, he's been pretty damn good overall this season, and he's really coming on.  Most of the question marks I had for him early in his career are disappearing.

I'm glad he's silencing critics and showing people he can answer and win.  Really pumped for the rest of this season - never thought being .500 would feel so good =P

It's amazing how a QB can look good when his receivers actually catch passes (minus the drop from Smith; The other was a hail Mary to end the half), with decent play calling to make up for the OL deficiencies. . 

Cam can/could always  make the plays, reads and the throws. He just needs help, from somebody!!

It's amazing how a QB can look good when his receivers actually catch passes (minus the drop from Smith; The other was a hail Mary to end the half), with decent play calling to make up for the OL defeciencies. . 

Absolutely amazing that those two were his ONLY INCOMPLETIONS in the ENTIRE GAME.

He has been improving the last two seasons. And it is still a work in progress. People should do less hand wringing and more enjoying the ride.

He is the most talented QB to cone out in a while but was also one of the most mentally raw (not talking about intelligence, but experience)

Archived