• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Deadline is TODAY

MichaelNewtonII

It's going to be hard to attach a value to Gordon.  I mean, you'd basically be trading for potential knowing there's a big suspension risk.  He had a decent, but unspectacular rookie season and he's on track for nearly 1200 yards this season.  However, you have to really wonder about a guy if a team is willing to trade a former 2cd round pick who is on track for 1200 yards in his 2cd season.  That's a major red flag.

When Marshall was traded to the Bears for 2 3rd rounders, he had about the same suspension risk, BUT he was coming off of 5 consecutive 1000+ yard seasons.  The Bears were trading for a known commodity on the field.

I just can't see Gordon being worth more than a 3rd rounder considering the risk.  For a 3rd, I'd roll the dice on him.  Plus, the Bears had a bit of an inside scoop on the guy seeing that Cutler was his QB in Denver for 4 years.

As far as I know, we still don't know exactly what we got in return.  I still haven't heard any details on the "conditional draft pick".  Beason wasn't in our long-term plans and wasn't playing well at OLB.  We got what we could get for him, which was better than hanging onto him as a backup through this season (because, let's face it, Blackburn is playing better at OLB than he was) and then letting him walk as a free agent.  The Giants took a risk on acquiring a player with a long list of injuries and so far it's looking like it's working out for him.  The bottom line is that guys with a long injury history who have played very little football in the previous two seasons simply are not worth much if anything on the trade market.  I wish Beason the best of luck.

I did find RR response interesting at his presser....I don't think we are in the market for Fitz but his response made me think we may be trying for something. He is pretty much an open book and didn't shut down the idea of us doing something

Archived