• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Surprising statistic

Strawman

in fact we arent getting run on much at all. we have been run on a total of 151 times this year...which is the least for any team in the league.

This data begs the question, where are the other 60 runs not accounted for in the PFF numbers going?

As someone else suggested, a number got stuffed in the backfield. Some are probably QB scrambles. But those missing 60 runs can significantly change any conclusion that could be reached from the other 90.

So, aside from the two long runs in the Seattle game (opener), the others were late in games where we had a big lead.  Certainly not a trend and while the averages are skewed, what this tells me is we blow teams out with stifling defense, sub out the linemen later in the game, and get gashed on a rare occasion.

I'm good.

PFF breakdown: They track two stats for between the guards. (ML - Middle Left, MR - Middle Right)

Game (ML, MR) carries-yds-long

Seattle (4-28-14, 3-6-5)

Buffalo (3-3-3, 5-46-46)

NYG (5-43-18, 1-12-12)

Arizona (5-18-7, 2-11-11)

Minnesota (2-(-2)-1, 4-55-31)

StLouis (6-31-11, 3-0-1)

Tampa (0-0-0, 1-15-15)

Can't remember who missed the assignment/tackle on Spiller's 46 yarder. I think it was Beason but could have been T.Davis.

The NYG game was 31-0 before the Giants had any success running the ball.

Minny - Score was 28-3 when Peterson had his 31 yard run.

It's an interesting stat but nothing more than that. Only the Buffalo game had shown weakness with runs in the middle.

Archived