• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julius Peppers

Darth Biscuit

Didn´t like the way it ended, he showed bad work ethics and took to much time off during games while being overpaid (franchised). Not interested in him any more.

10.5 sacks, 2 INTs, and 5 FFs....

Not sure to date we have every had a DE put up such well rounded production he did that franchised year.  

But Pep is old now..

We hold Peppers in much higher value than he ever held us in my opinion.

To me he sets the standard for the cliche' super talented athlete that has little passion for the game.

If he really cares about any kind of legacy and wants to return for a farewell season thats fine, but it will be cheap, at least it had better be.

10.5 sacks, 2 INTs, and 5 FFs....

Not sure to date we have every had a DE put up such well rounded production he did that franchised year.  

As far as I remember he could have done more that year. He was paid 1 Mill per game and did not play full throttle (even the numbers you mentioned are great). Don´t like the attitude to hold out (some efforts) for even more money you already make.

As far as I remember he could have done more that year. He was paid 1 Mill per game and did not play full throttle (even the numbers you mentioned are great). Don´t like the attitude to hold out (some efforts) for even more money you already make.

He didn't have much help on the DL....and put up great well rounded production.

Pep was often held to an unrealistic standard. Jared Allen, our Charles Johnson.....all DEs will "disappear" at times/games.

Sure it wasn't million dollar production but Hurney should to dealt him before paying that. He couldn't live up to.

Why I don't get the Pep hate......and Double Trouble/Beason love. Only difference in them IMO is personalities. FO putting guys in bad spots

He didn't have much help on the DL....and put up great well rounded production.

Pep was often held to an unrealistic standard. Jared Allen, our Charles Johnson.....all DEs will "disappear" at times/games.

Sure it wasn't million dollar production but Hurney should to dealt him before paying that. He couldn't live up to.

Why I don't get the Pep hate......and Double Trouble/Beason love. Only difference in them IMO is personalities. FO putting guys in bad spots

Don´t get me wrong, I do not hate him, I just hate(ed) his starve for the BIIIIIG bucks when he already made riddicules huge money and his way of handling the situation. IMO DWill and Stew (and Tolbert) got/get held out of many plays by Chud & Shula. But still, their contracts ar way off as well, but they never ever complained in their entire Panthers career. They have class, which I did not see in Pep. I have a problem with those money hungry, reality denying, a§§hole players. Pep IMO is one of them.

Archived