• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julius Peppers

Darth Biscuit

Peppers has 1 sack this year.  Hearing the same concerns from Bears fans as were heard at UNC and here in Charlotte.  What people need to understand about Peppers is this:  He could have been the greatest DE in league history.  He could have been the Lawrence Taylor and Michael Jordan (to compare to Tarheel overachievers) of his position.  Instead, he was a good player.  Not great.  Few will talk about him 10 years after he retires.  What a shame.

Peppers has 1 sack this year. Hearing the same concerns from Bears fans as were heard at UNC and here in Charlotte. What people need to understand about Peppers is this: He could have been the greatest DE in league history. He could have been the Lawrence Taylor and Michael Jordan (to compare to Tarheel overachievers) of his position. Instead, he was a good player. Not great. Few will talk about him 10 years after he retires. What a shame.

I think it would be more accurate to say...

He was great.

Potential to be legendary if he wanted it.

But the man was a great DE

We don't need him. But Pep has been a great player. People just want more from him

I'd still take him for the right price

I just don't think Jerry is the kind of guy that would give the blessing to bring him back, considering the way things panned out when he left. Not to mention he's looked very average, we're not getting anything like we had in the mid-2000s.

I think it would be more accurate to say...

He was great.

Potential to be legendary if he wanted it.

But the man was a great DE

We don't need him. But Pep has been a great player. People just want more from him

I think that I expected him to dominate every game.  He had the natural gifts.  I am not sure he will go to Canton, and to me, that is a shame.

At this point, I prefer Alexander over Peppers as a situational pass rusher. Julius is done. I mean, in the past 2-3 seasons, Peppers hasn't been the best pass rusher on that team.

Eh, might want to check those stats out. Prior to this year Pep has been their leading pass rusher with almost 30 sacks in 3 years. He led the team in sacks all 3 years (joint first with Idonije his first year). He's coming off 5 straight Pro Bowls.

Seems this year Chicago are getting 2007 Pep when he only had 2.5 sacks here. However; he has been largely very consistent season to season stat wise.

Didn't someone just post an article by PFF where Addison was in the top five in pressures per snap. We don't need Pep back but it would be nice to see him back and finish his career here, I'd hate to see him try and snub us if he does get voted to the HOF. It'd be nice if he realized the grass isn't always greener and wanted to come back. Id welcome him, but not at the expense of a young talent like Hardy and certainly not to a crippling contract.

Honestly, with Addison and Alexander to develop there is no point when the Oline and CB's need some attention. It would really just be wasted money.

He's coming off 5 straight pro-bowls because he's a household name, not because he deserved those trips. If anything, it's been Melton that has made Peppers looked good. Ask any Chicago fan, they rather cut ties with Peppers than with Melton any day of the week.

I could care less if he snubbed us on his way to the HOF (assuming he gets there). Julius burned the Carolina bridge the moment he hopped to Chicago, and pretended that Richardson and Hurney didn't want him around anymore. Underappreciated, my ass. Despite giving 50% and disappearing from the franchise's biggest moments, everybody wanted him back because he WAS a Panther. He fugged that up. I can understand if he wanted to move on but for him to fabricate his 'side' of the story and for him to talk about playing on a team like Tampa during the season was just selfish and diva-ish. 

Melton is like 7 years younger and doesn't have a crippling contract. What's Peps cap charge next year, 18 MM or something. Of course they'd rather let him walk. Melton is probably still on his rookie deal.

You could say the same here when Pep had Jenkins next to him for years.

I'm sorry if he burnt bridges too far for many fans but he has been productive save this year in Chicago. Yes, name recognition means a lot for Pro Bowls but he also had the stats to back it even if we feel CJ got snubbed. But he was the same player there that he was for us here for 3 years. To be honest I can't quite remember all the "nastiness" that went down. All I remember is Hurney should have done it a year earlier for better draft picks and Ive got 3 of his jerseys I'd like to break out one more time. Rockin that Newton and Smitty these days.

Maybe he is just getting old, he is like 34 now. But like I said, we don't need him anymore.

Archived