• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 5 most disappointing losses in Panthers history

Fiz

Personally the second to last game against the giants in 2008 basically for the number one overall playoff seed....one of the most physical games I've ever seen....truly a heavy weight battle, I remember Chris Harris destroying Brandon Jacobs on the goal line actually gave him a bloody nose.....there were so many points where one team could take control....in the end Bradshaw broke a long run in OT and that was all she wrote....I remember being deflated I felt like that loss kind of took the wind out of our sails....the following week we let the saints score 21 4th quarter points and barely escaped a major comeback....and we all know what happend in the playoffs....I wonder what might have been different if we'd had the number one overall seed...idk but hurts to this day

The Sunday night game against Atlanta when Vick levitated across the goal line is on my list. I believe we lost in over time and he absolutely ran wild on us.

To this day I still don't understand how his knee didn't touch the ground....everyone that was watching that game knew what they were going to so on that play....god awful memory I remember how hype I got when pep took that sack int back...just to be deflated

in seriousness, i think the loss against the falcons last year has to be in the conversation, or at least an honorable mention. the fury i felt the rest of the week after that loss was a sort of smoldering rage i hadn't experienced in a long, long time. it was palpable, something that transcended actions on a tv screen that didn't affect my daily life. and i look at that as the moment that the 2012 season was lost, a season that half this board (and our pro-bowl center) insisted was going to see us cruise to the playoffs.

actually i think the falcons game last year and the bears game last year need to be packaged together as a double feature...   I have never been madder..except Arizona

Super Bowl still has to be #1 for me though. I was so pissed off at Fox after that game. Going after 2 points twice when he didn't need to. Still chaps my ass that we could have a Lombardi without those 2 dumbass decisions.

So, we would have won if we had those two PATs? I mean, we lost by three

fox' biggest mistake that game, imo, was the timeout right before we scored. that gave the patriots more than enough time to march down the field... even without kasay's help

in seriousness, i think the loss against the falcons last year has to be in the conversation, or at least an honorable mention. the fury i felt the rest of the week after that loss was a sort of smoldering rage i hadn't experienced in a long, long time. it was palpable, something that transcended actions on a tv screen that didn't affect my daily life. and i look at that as the moment that the 2012 season was lost, a season that half this board (and our pro-bowl center) insisted was going to see us cruise to the playoffs.

i don't think i even hurt as bad on the car ride back from the stadium after the cardinals disaster as i did after that game.

i just remember the feeling; the knowledge that the falcons got away with another one.  another "nyah nyah!" moment their fans could dangle in front of our faces forever and ever.  another game where their seemingly supernatural knack for pulling out a victory against the panthers no matter what happened the previous 59 minutes was on full, humiliating display.

i don't think i even hurt as bad on the car ride back from the stadium after the cardinals disaster as i did after that game.

i just remember the feeling; the knowledge that the falcons got away with another one. another "nyah nyah!" moment their fans could dangle in front of our faces forever and ever. another game where their seemingly supernatural knack for pulling out a victory against the panthers no matter what happened the previous 59 minutes was on full, humiliating display.

I got the ole " we need to talk" from my gf at the time after the reaction to that one......

In 1997 there were a few moments where I thought we were still a good team but weren't. Losing at Ericsson for the first time ever week 1. Getting above .500 again only to hit a 2-3 game slide.

The broncos game should be top 10, but maybe I'm overstating that game. we had just shut out the taints and put up 38 on the raiders. I was thinking our season had turned around. we were going back to the playoffs. then fffffuuuuu 30 something-0 loss to the broncos.

I remember watching that Eagles game in a sports bar back in high school. One of my friends (who didn't know football but was just tagging along for the hell of it) asked me "are the panthers the new detroit lions"?

Oh how I wish I had known how far we would sink. The homer in me said that we would come back, but deep down I knew our immediate future was fuged the second Hurney resigned Delhomme. I do wonder where we would be today if Richardson shitcanned Hurney the second he offered that ridiculous contract to Jake.

The whole 2009 season was arguably the most forgettable season in Panthers history

I got the ole " we need to talk" from my gf at the time after the reaction to that one......

Me and my wife had that talk after we lost to Buffalo this year. Not sure if you mean your girlfriend broke up with you, that was not the case with my wife.

But she did say she was concerned with my reaction to that game and suggested I not watch the games live anymore. She wanted me to wait until I knew the results before I watch.

That didn't happen but I have to try to keep my emotions in check. She was out of town for the ATL game last year or else we may have had that talk then.

I am trying to be more zen about games and just relax, not sure if that will be possible tomorrow.

Me and my wife had that talk after we lost to Buffalo this year. Not sure if you mean your girlfriend broke up with you, that was not the case with my wife.

But she did say she was concerned with my reaction to that game and suggested I not watch the games live anymore. She wanted me to wait until I knew the results before I watch.

That didn't happen but I have to try to keep my emotions in check. She was out of town for the ATL game last year or else we may have had that talk then.

I am trying to be more zen about games and just relax, not sure if that will be possible tomorrow.

Dood

We've been on Riveras wild ride for 2 and a half years now. You should have known the ending to that story when we kicked the field goal.

Archived