• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 5 most disappointing losses in Panthers history

Fiz

So, we would have won if we had those two PATs? I mean, we lost by three

fox' biggest mistake that game, imo, was the timeout right before we scored. that gave the patriots more than enough time to march down the field... even without kasay's help

4th Quarter it's 14-10 Patriots.

Pats score again making it 21-10

We score and if we kick the extra point it's 21-17

We score again and if we kick the extra point it's 21-24 Panthers

Pats score and they don't have to go for the 2 point conversion making it 28-24 Pats. The Pats went for the 2 during the game because it was 22-27 and we would've won with a TD and extra point if they only went with the extra point. They wouldn't have had to go for 2 if we went for those 2 extra points earlier because we would've won with a TD regardless.

We score a TD making it 28-31 Panthers.

Pats kick a FG to make it 31-31.

Really we would've gone into OT, but I have a feeling we would've had a better chance to win it there since we were the "Cardiac Cats" and could pull through close games.

Anyway, I wish we would've lost without making stupid mistakes. I would've taken the loss better.

Me and my wife had that talk after we lost to Buffalo this year. Not sure if you mean your girlfriend broke up with you, that was not the case with my wife.

But she did say she was concerned with my reaction to that game and suggested I not watch the games live anymore. She wanted me to wait until I knew the results before I watch.

That didn't happen but I have to try to keep my emotions in check. She was out of town for the ATL game last year or else we may have had that talk then.

I am trying to be more zen about games and just relax, not sure if that will be possible tomorrow.

Haha nah she didn't break up with me but she never watched another game with me again haha

4th Quarter it's 14-10 Patriots.

Pats score again making it 21-10

We score and if we kick the extra point it's 21-17

We score again and if we kick the extra point it's 21-24 Panthers

Pats score and they don't have to go for the 2 point conversion making it 28-24 Pats. The Pats went for the 2 during the game because it was 22-27 and we would've won with a TD and extra point if they only went with the extra point. They wouldn't have had to go for 2 if we went for those 2 extra points earlier because we would've won with a TD regardless.

We score a TD making it 28-31 Panthers.

Pats kick a FG to make it 31-31.

Really we would've gone into OT, but I have a feeling we would've had a better chance to win it there since we were the "Cardiac Cats" and could pull through close games.

Anyway, I wish we would've lost without making stupid mistakes. I would've taken the loss better.

fair enough and excellent explanation.

Still Foxy's timeout would have given them time to drive for the field goal (over a minute)

Also note, convert both 2 pointers and the Pats would be forced to go for the endzone instead of the FG.

That was definitely a game with plenty of mistakes. I think Kasay gets too much blame when Fox left too much time on the clock regardless of where the final drive started.

Me and my wife had that talk after we lost to Buffalo this year. Not sure if you mean your girlfriend broke up with you, that was not the case with my wife.

But she did say she was concerned with my reaction to that game and suggested I not watch the games live anymore. She wanted me to wait until I knew the results before I watch.

That didn't happen but I have to try to keep my emotions in check. She was out of town for the ATL game last year or else we may have had that talk then.

I am trying to be more zen about games and just relax, not sure if that will be possible tomorrow.

My wife was right there screaming and cussing with me. 

Fiz, fantastic post sir. My hat is off to you.

Over the years I've been able to learn to let wins and losses slide off my back. People who know how much of a freak I am about the Panthers sometimes seem to think I'm odd when I come into work the Monday after a particularly big win or terrible loss and ask why I'm not happier or sadder. The fact is that I used to have way too much giddiness the day after a win, or pissed off at the world the day after a terrible loss.

But the Arizona playoff game changed all of that. I was dating my now wife, we got our faces painted, had a hell of a huge tailgate...and decided to just walk out at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Went to Hartigans and partied our asses off and had a fantastic time. A picture of me from the game was in the Observer the next day - the photographer asked me my name and town because he said my look of disgust, with all my goofy facepaint on, was the most relevant pic he'd taken of the loss. But before the game was over it was out of my system.

There are things you can't control and things you can. It's a treat to be able to have a professional football team right here in Charlotte, and its great to be able to bitch about them, to brag about them, to plan a third of the year around their schedule. But they will never bring you happiness - only you can do that for yourself.

I have some friends that come back to the tailgate lot after a defeat looking like they have to go back home to shoot Ol Yeller. I am never happy about it - but by Sunday night, what I have to keep is the fact that I had a great time with good friends doing something we all love to do and that's why we cheer on our team.

Other than the SB, I would say that the 2003 game where Vick and the Falcons beat us, denying us our title for another week, sticks in my mind as an awful loss. I hate the Falcons.

Personally the second to last game against the giants in 2008 basically for the number one overall playoff seed....one of the most physical games I've ever seen....truly a heavy weight battle, I remember Chris Harris destroying Brandon Jacobs on the goal line actually gave him a bloody nose.....there were so many points where one team could take control....in the end Bradshaw broke a long run in OT and that was all she wrote....I remember being deflated I felt like that loss kind of took the wind out of our sails....the following week we let the saints score 21 4th quarter points and barely escaped a major comeback....and we all know what happend in the playoffs....I wonder what might have been different if we'd had the number one overall seed...idk but hurts to this day

Archived