• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers as Captain

Panther Boyd

Pep makes for a good captain if they select him. The players don't act like fans do.....they know it is a job first and they ALL are CEO's of themselves in this business. Beason is the only obvious one on D.....but Pep makes since considering how good he is, how long he has played, and how well respected he is (by this teammates at least). He doesn't need to talk to the press and it doesn't matter if a fanbase acts like the hot girl at the school dance just shot them down......in order to be a captain.

remember the '07 fiasco where richardson had a talk with peppers and asked him to step up and be a leader, and then he was made a team captain? peppers was completely against it. he didn't want to be a leader, he just wanted to play football.

correct me if i'm wrong, but that's how i remember it

yes i rem that...but i also remember players saying that he was a lot more vocal this year

I say, NO! Peppers is not a leader. He was forced into that role after Jenk and Ruck left, but he is not a leader. He is however, a great player; that needs great players around him. If he is playing next to a great player that is a leader then he will follow. But I must say that I would hate to loose him.

Peppers is a helluva leader on the field, he just doesn't want to be a public leader. Watch video, he's very vocal calling his team mates up, etc. He's just too shy to have that roll with the public...

i agree i have seen that as well,pep was active and talking with teammates before and after plays. even after the game.surprised me.

this whole thing with fans getting their feelings all hurt because pep wanted to leave is getting old

and it's not a hold out by any means

When are you gonna leave? That won't hurt my feelings. Also people bitching because true fans don't want someone here who doesn't want to be here is getting old also. When you see Peppers why don't you pucker up butter cup and kiss his ass.

When are you gonna leave? That won't hurt my feelings. Also people bitching because true fans don't want someone here who doesn't want to be here is getting old also. When you see Peppers why don't you pucker up butter cup and kiss his ass.

People that have a different opinion than you are not true fans? Man, that's sad, do you watch games? Do you watch defensive huddles?...

Archived