• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ken Dorsey

Jakob

What a freaking joke.   This forum bashes every ESPN and NFL Network article that doesn't do their homework.  They spout off at the mouth about how Cam does this or Rivera does that and this forum implodes.

A fellow Panther fan that has a friend who is a Panther tells him some information and everybody on here can't believe it is possible.  This is a team sport, Dorsey is apart of the offensive coaching staff probably an offensive coordinator in the making.  God knows if Dorsey saw something Shula was overlooking and got Shula rolling how is that not credible because the source isn't revealed. 

I know if I was a player and told someone some information and later on it came back to haunt me I would be furious.  Respect the man's source (sadly we now know who)

If you want to throw your own spin on it... Go for it.

From what you said and from how I took it....  Dorsey played a major role in the second half offense.   IT IS HIS JOB.  IT IS CALLED BEING A TEAM PLAYER.!!!!

Although I do think the play calling was better in the 2h. I also think the focus and execution was much better in the 2H.

I think that Cam and the offense was in a fog in the 1h.....from overlooking the Dolphins and from the shot that Cam took on the first series. He seemed a little groggy and shell shocked .

I believe the staff and vets got them refocused at halftime and they came out ready to take care of business in the 2h.

Offense knew they had to score and the defense came out knowing they needed to shut out the dolphins.

And...they did just that.

People, there are reasons that the play calling is different or seems to change as the game progresses. Many reasons--

1. You have hundreds of possible personnel and formation combinations on the field, looking for the defenses' weaknesses

2. You do not want to call plays on every down that are high risk of turnover or even injury to key personnel.

3. If you don't show your cards until after the half, it is difficult for the opposition to adjust.

4. You make adjustments at the half to offset what the offense is doing.

5. If you show your full arsenal every game, you create film that will help the next opponent

This offense struggles when it cannot establish the run game.  With our OL, I am surprised we can run like we do.  When the run game is not working, you cannot abandon it.  You have to "keep pounding,"  Shula has been very good.  in fact, I am afraid we could lose him this off season, as I see about 6 potential vacancies on the horizon.

I texted in the bomb to Ted Ginn.  Damn you, butter fingers, for making me look bad!

Seriously, I hope this ain't true.  Regardless, you are positing using an anonymous name, quoting an anonymous player, and stating something that is rather uncommon.  In addition, I did not see him wearing headsets when he was with Cam, but that means little.

So, this kind of an awkward thread but, I can't keep this juicy news to myself.. A player who I will not name told me that the Panthers coaching staff realized at halftime during the Dolphins game that the plays being called on offense were simply not cutting it. I was told that QB Coach Ken Dorsey was heavily involved in play calling. Based on the second half of the Dolphins game what do you think of the offensive play calling? I think the play calling was perfect, it got our offense moving. It was just what we needed at the right time.

I understand if you're skeptical but, I was received this info from a player who I highly trust.

Non story. RR has said multiple times in interviews that play calling is a collaborative process with the offensive coaches.

Skipper, Dorsey, Matsko all influence the calls based upon what they're seeing on the field. Maybe Dorsey saw something the others didn't and pointed it out, but I don't take that as a knock on Shula. I take that as a plus he's able to work with his coaches.

I understannd that Shula wants input from players and coaches and is very open to help. Honestly the mark of a good leader is someone who values other folks opinion. Unlike Chud who did things his way regardless of the results. This is another reason I like Shula and think he was a good hire. He doesn't care who helps as long as the result is successful.

I understannd that Shula wants input from players and coaches and is very open to help. Honestly the mark of a good leader is someone who values other folks opinion. Unlike Chud who did things his way regardless of the results. This is another reason I like Shula and think he was a good hire. He doesn't care who helps as long as the result is successful.

Per RR weekly Sirius interview several weeks ago.... Cam and DA are attached at the hip. They arrive together every day, get taped together, practice together and meet with Shula/Dorsey after practice to go over that weeks game plan. Shula asks what plays he likes/dislikes and which he thinks will work . This gives everyone some ownership in the game plan, something that Chud never did. Game day playcalling was not mentioned, but everything up to that is now consensus.

Archived