• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera get an extension this offseason?

charlottenian

Yeah I wouldn't go long term... but this is his best season. And since he is doing good on this streak it makes all of us fans think.. maybe he needed time? I would say 2 years max. I like Ron as a person no doubt. He is doing a great job right now and seems to really have the respect of the players.. and you never hear any discipline problems. There is no one I would really see taking over doing a great job.. Pete Carroll and Jon Gruden is all I would be happy for. 

Give Ron another season or two and see where it takes us. Maybe add another respected coach under him in a few..? Anyway.. lets hope Ron keeps up the good work.

Whoaaa

31033689.jpg

Rivera hasn't done anything yet and this season could turn to shyte as quickly as last season's turned good at the end.

Let's get to, make the Playoffs and succeed.

Then next season I want to see another good start, then maybe week 6 or so we can talk extension........

If it's warranted.

Give Ron another season or two and see where it takes us. Maybe add another respected coach under him in a few..? Anyway.. lets hope Ron keeps up the good work.

Well in order to give him 2 he would have to be extended. The issue will be resolved this off season as I don't believe it's a good idea to have that sort of uncertainty lingering into a season. I believe they will extend him before free agency begins.

Part of what is giving Ron the freedom to make these statistically improbable calls is the knowledge that he spent the first month of the season on the chopping block and was all but fired in the offseason. I am concerned that if we make any overture towards securing his future, he will revert to the pumpkin at midnight. It seems illogical to think he would move away from something he has success with and we have had success with as a team, but the gut calls we saw him make his first two seasons here were calls of his nature. The calls we are seeing now are calls against his nature.

Far too early to talk about extension for Ron. He still has a boatload to prove in close games. The bitter taste of those losses by 7 points or less may be less sour now in our current situation than they are in revisionist history, but that doesn't mean they never happened.

The beauty is that we don't have to make a decision right now. We have time to see how it plays out.

Archived