• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN Insider hit piece: Panthers aren't playoff contenders. Need someone with ESPN Insider.

thunderraiden

I think it is obvious we aren't an explosive offense....

But someone did a nice job the other day comparing us to an old Titan team lead by McNair and George. Sure we don't have the nice explosive stats......or pretty ones on offense. BUT....can you stop us from gaining 10 yards? End of the day that is all that matters

Agree. 

We are not as explosive, but we are now methodical.  And I don't think this is on accident.

Generally Speaking: Methodical means 1st downs, 1st downs mean time of possession, time of possession helps the defense. 

This is why good teams usually have either an explosive offense + decent defense or Methodical/effective offense + dominant defense. Hardly ever seen Explosive Offense + dominant defense.   It so hard to stop teams from scoring points when they get so many possessions.  

If anyone thinks Cam and the offense don't deserve a little credit for our #1 defense, then you don't know much.

Hahahaha this is the same clown that ridiculed Cam for being aggressive on those down field shots and now he's spouting off against him for being smarter with the football..

Somebody pry open this clown's mouth and force the crow down it.

I stop reading the minute I see statistics. Football is a game of endless stat. Anybody can own their own. Like, "the first rookie to run for -1 yard on his first play", "the first QB to throw a backward pass in his first start", "the first WR to make his first 3 catches on the left side of the field", "the running back with the best stiff arm"(I actually heard that one in a broadcast last week, I mentioned it to someone next to me and she laughs. Lol), etc. The NFL is trying too much to be like baseball or people are just board with so much time between games thus they come up with those weird stats. For me, if I can't see it I don't care.

Agree. 

We are not as explosive, but we are now methodical.  And I don't think this is on accident.

Generally Speaking: Methodical means 1st downs, 1st downs mean time of possession, time of possession helps the defense. 

This is why good teams usually have either an explosive offense + decent defense or Methodical/effective offense + dominant defense. Hardly ever seen Explosive Offense + dominant defense.   It so hard to stop teams from scoring points when they get so many possessions.  

If anyone thinks Cam and the offense don't deserve a little credit for our #1 defense, then you don't know much.

people bash our O.....but fail to realize we aren't trying to be explosive like in years past.  Sure we want to make some....but Shula wants the long slow drives.  That is the goal.  Cam and our O also have a lot to do w/ our D rankings.

I always thought playoff contender meant,  can a team compete for a playoff spot.......               and SB contender meant,  once in the playoffs,  can a team make some noise to get to the SB and win it.

At 9-3............. how are we NOT a contender to make the playoffs?

I always thought playoff contender meant,  can a team compete for a playoff spot.......               and SB contender meant,  once in the playoffs,  can a team make some noise to get to the SB and win it.

At 9-3............. how are we NOT a contender to make the playoffs?

thats what happens when dumb people try to outsmart themselves

Thank God, I was getting tired of all this positive press. We need doubters all the way through holding the Lombardi.

ESPN: Can the Panthers hang onto Lombardi? What if they lose it in hotel lobby?

Also, here:

Fug em. Erotic reading for the Aints fan base as they pleasure themselves in the swamp. Bulletin board material for our boys.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived