• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deadspin article on Star (a good fluffpiece)

Gabeking

Austin has had 1 good game and aside from that, never eclipses more than 47 yards. Austin does not contribute to the Rams offense like Star has contributed to the Panthers Defense.

So in short, only Star and Sheldon have been worth their billing in the top 14 picks.

I don't think you really watch the rams games do you? Austin has gotten many touchdowns and big plays called back due to no fault of his own. The kid got a lot of hype he didn't really deserve but he's playing well and the stats would reflect that if he was on a more disciplined team.

The way Star plays is at times simply mind-boggling.

On more than one occasion, I've seen him tied up with 2 blockers and he still manages to reach out with one arm and stop a running back hitting the hole at full speed. That is just super human.

I knew he was good pre-draft, but had no idea he was that good.

You know Kawann has to be a bit irked he got picked by the Panthers; he'd be a rookie revelation anywhere else and he's almost the forgotten man here, lol

Don't know.  He doesn't really seem unhappy when I've seen him.

Winning makes everything easier.

Star was my main NFL draft crush starting in October but when we started our late season surge I thought he'd be long gone by the time we picked. When he fell to us on draft day I almost did a backflip because I knew he was the real deal. Short has also been a surprise, hopefully they'll form a dominating duo for many years to come.

Star was my main NFL draft crush starting in October but when we started our late season surge I thought he'd be long gone by the time we picked. When he fell to us on draft day I almost did a backflip because I knew he was the real deal. Short has also been a surprise, hopefully they'll form a dominating duo for many years to come.

Ditto, I was lusting after that sexy man beast from early in our season and never wavered an inch. I literally was squatting in the seat of my chair when our pick came up, biting my nails (was happy when the jets took Richardson but I knew anything could happen) and lept out of the chair when Star was announced and did laps around the house whooping and crying like I just won the Olympics. All of them.

I don't think you really watch the rams games do you? Austin has gotten many touchdowns and big plays called back due to no fault of his own. The kid got a lot of hype he didn't really deserve but he's playing well and the stats would reflect that if he was on a more disciplined team.

I actually have watched plenty of games and Austin is not even remotely close to living up to his draft slot. He has been outplayed by Chris givens and I would say that Quick is a better receiving option than he is at his moment in time. Aside from one game with 138 yards, his second best game was a 2 td performance against Atlanta where he caught 6 passes on 12 targets for 47 yards in a loss. He had a game where he had that long rushing TD but aside from that he has 39 total yards that game. That's about it.

Will he be good one day? Absolutely. Is he good now and is he producing based on where he was drafted? It's a loud NO.

Archived