• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deadspin article on Star (a good fluffpiece)

Gabeking

I actually have watched plenty of games and Austin is not even remotely close to living up to his draft slot. He has been outplayed by Chris givens and I would say that Quick is a better receiving option than he is at his moment in time. Aside from one game with 138 yards, his second best game was a 2 td performance against Atlanta where he caught 6 passes on 12 targets for 47 yards in a loss. He had a game where he had that long rushing TD but aside from that he has 39 total yards that game. That's about it.

Will he be good one day? Absolutely. Is he good now and is he producing based on where he was drafted? It's a loud NO.

If you actually watched the games you wouldn't be saying that and trying to have stats prove your point cause they don't tell the whole story. He also lost his starting quarterback pretty earlier in the season.

If you actually watched the games you wouldn't be saying that and trying to have stats prove your point cause they don't tell the whole story. He also lost his starting quarterback pretty earlier in the season.

How else would he live up to his 8th pick billing if he isn't registering on the stat line? Is there a metric for looking good but not really producing somewhere? He's an offensive weapon and so far his numbers are not registering. Whether or not there are penalties or drops are irrelevant. As I stated, there's no one questioning his skill set, it just hasn't translated to the NFL on a consistent basis.

Zac Stacy has been the catalyst of the offense and not Austin.

How else would he live up to his 8th pick billing if he isn't registering on the stat line? Is there a metric for looking good but not really producing somewhere? He's an offensive weapon and so far his numbers are not registering. Whether or not there are penalties or drops are irrelevant. As I stated, there's no one questioning his skill set, it just hasn't translated to the NFL on a consistent basis.

It has. He's had about 4 Tds get called back. You aren't accounting for that and saying he's not producing based solely on looking at the stats he has now. You are being really ignorant on this one.

It has. He's had about 4 Tds get called back. You aren't accounting for that and saying he's not producing based solely on looking at the stats he has now. You are being really ignorant on this one.

Disagreeing with you is not being ignorant, it's just that, disagreeing.

I'm not concerned with the what if but with what is. Austin is in the former category.

If he had 4 TDs called back, what positive impact did he have on the outcome of those games if none of those stood?

The question is not even if he is making an impact but rather are his numbers justifying his pick at #8?

I don't think you really watch the rams games do you? Austin has gotten many touchdowns and big plays called back due to no fault of his own. The kid got a lot of hype he didn't really deserve but he's playing well and the stats would reflect that if he was on a more disciplined team.

You tell em'. I mean, everybody knows that it doesn't matter if the play is called back. It still counts. Right?

I actually have watched plenty of games and Austin is not even remotely close to living up to his draft slot. He has been outplayed by Chris givens and I would say that Quick is a better receiving option than he is at his moment in time. Aside from one game with 138 yards, his second best game was a 2 td performance against Atlanta where he caught 6 passes on 12 targets for 47 yards in a loss. He had a game where he had that long rushing TD but aside from that he has 39 total yards that game. That's about it.

Will he be good one day? Absolutely. Is he good now and is he producing based on where he was drafted? It's a loud NO.

2 good games, back to back. That is what careers are made of. Well...only if you are an Austin fan.

Even the Rams were frustrated with the lack of production from Austin. But hellz, as long...wait...when did Bradford go down?

How else would he live up to his 8th pick billing if he isn't registering on the stat line? Is there a metric for looking good but not really producing somewhere? He's an offensive weapon and so far his numbers are not registering. Whether or not there are penalties or drops are irrelevant. As I stated, there's no one questioning his skill set, it just hasn't translated to the NFL on a consistent basis.

Yeah. That's what I meant to say.

You tell em'. I mean, everyone knows that those stats still count. Right?

Disagreeing with you is not being ignorant, it's just that, disagreeing.

I'm not concerned with the what if but with what is. Austin is in the former category.

If he had 4 TDs called back, what positive impact did he have on the outcome of those games if none of those stood?

The question is not even if he is making an impact but rather are his numbers justifying his pick at #8?

It doesn't matter how he is playing. 2 really good games out of 12 is all you can ask from your #8 pick. Right? I mean, he is a rookie. What more can you ask?

You tell em'. I mean, everybody knows that it doesn't matter if the play is called back. It still counts. Right?

2 good games, back to back. That is what careers are made of. Well...only if you are an Austin fan.

Even the Rams were frustrated with the lack of production from Austin. But hellz, as long...wait...when did Bradford go down?

Yeah. That's what I meant to say.

You tell em'. I mean, everyone knows that those stats still count. Right?

It doesn't matter how he is playing. 2 really good games out of 12 is all you can ask from your #8 pick. Right? I mean, he is a rookie. What more can you ask?

Nice straw mans. Next

Archived