• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Your Reaction When Rivera Punted With 2 Mins Left...Be Honest

chknwing

Me: why are we punting?

My brother: because the Saints are going to run three times and give us the ball back, he wants better field position.

Me: if they throw to Colston we are screwed

My brother: We should trust Ron Rivera here.

My brother's friend (not a Panther fan): could you ever imagine yourself saying that twelve weeks ago?

I wasn't really able to watch the game today, so I followed it with my phone while out doing stuffs. I pretty much counted this one as a L when I checked the score and it said the saints had the ball with 1:02 left and the lead. Then I checked about a 1/2 hour later after doing some housework and saw the final score and my reaction was kinda like this scene

goodfellas-henry-hill-shower-o.gif

anywho i was crushed but i understood the call. being a riverboat gambler means playing the odds, which occasionally means folding and waiting for the next deal

the playcalling worked, everyone executed, and rivera came up aces in the end and that's what counts

I thought, Jeez, for Ron's sake I hope this works out cause da Huddle gonna be maaaaaaad.

At first I wanted him to go for it but after i thought about for half a second and the way our D was playing I was feeling good.  The way Cam was playing I actually thought we might have a better chance getting a turnover and scoring.  

Then when I saw the Saints just running it I called Cam and told him it's take to put on the cape.  We need a Hero.  Can you win one for Charlotte, son!

(I like to pretend I have one of those hotline phones to the bench)

Archived