• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

.Lafell 1.Ginn 2, and Hixon 3 with Smith out?

Jmac

In the end, Atlanta has the 31st ranked run defense, We could line up Larry, Moe and Curly and still not change our game plan that much. We're going to run the ball and throw short outs to Olsen and Lafell. Once or twice we'll see how fast Ginn can run on the carpet at the Dome, but it is going to be a run heavy day.

I'd expect Tolbert to have a lot of work in the second half and for DeAngelo to break off at least one long TD run, again.

I was asking you a legitimate question you fuging douchebag. One which you did not even come close to answering.

Shula absolutely has called fewer deep passes this season. But that has nothing to do with Cam's accuracy on said throws.

If anything, you could say the the work that Dorsey has done with Cam's mechanics may have impacted it....there could be validity to that statement.

Instead, you just make some idiotic comment blaming Shula.

Take a clue from Mav above. He provided a well thought out statement pointing out valid facts. Even though he (like me) is not sure why his completion % is down, he did provide a couple of possibilities...teams playing us more to take that away.

Unlike you...who just spews the same old crap and sarcastic responses with zero substance it thought... Probably because that is all your tiny little brain can muster up.

So, now you can just sit over in the corner like a nice little boy and just STFU.

Whew...... you really went Madhatter on that azzzzzz..

I recall that WalterFootball.com had WR Marvin McNutt projected to be selected somewhere in the 2nd round of the draft. After McNutt siid down the draft board, several NFL football analyst commented that a few years down the road some GM'S would be scratching their heads and wondering how he slipped by them.

I  hope we have that hidden gem. We really need it. 80 to 90 % of what Victor Cruz provides the Giants (before this year) would be awesome.

Ummm, yes. This isn't urban legend crap. This is common knowledge.

Offensive Coordinators are quite responsible for an offense struggling to establish the deep passing game. Now, of course, talent can be a direct issue (whether it be a subpar QB or worthless WRs) but Cam has been above average in the deep passing game (2010, 2011, 2012). After all, he's already in the Top 15 all-time in YPA with Big Ben, Peyton Manning and Philip Rivers. This year, Newton's numbers have taken a hit. Is it a damn coincidence that Shula has yet to establish an offense (Tampa; Alabama) where it doesn't rank near the bottom on going vertical? His inability to know when to call a deep out-route is clearly evident (on third and freaking two).

Coordinators like Weis for The Gators, Caldwell for The Ravens and Haley for The Steelers are notoriously known for the identical issue.

And also Cam has hit several deep passes to GINN, steve, and Lafell only to have them drop them . The ones to Ginn in particular were touchdowns. I wonder where he would rank if they had caught those. Getting him a consistent vertical deep threat will turn that number around quick.

Shula runs such a slow offense that I do agree that hurts his rhythm and timing. Cam seems to hit his deep throws in the hurry up, just saying

And also Cam has hit several deep passes to GINN, steve, and Lafell only to have them drop them . The ones to Ginn in particular were touchdowns. I wonder where he would rank if they had caught those. Getting him a consistent vertical deep threat will turn that number around quick.

Shula runs such a slow offense that I do agree that hurts his rhythm and timing. Cam seems to hit his deep throws in the hurry up, just saying

You are right about the hurryup.  That also may be when defenses are less prepared.

The number of drops we haven't doesnt account for the great disparity in numbers between last year and this year imo.

Damn, all of Cam's "go to" guy is out. I guess either he has to play Receiver tomorrow or someone has got to step up and be another shining star on this team. I won't doubt this team will find a way to win tomorrow. I am cautiously optimistic that this offense will make it happen.

IMO, folks are fawning all over the defense, and they have indeed stepped up their game, but  this offense, despite it's many holes, have seriously impressed me. They carried this team for two seasons and now that they are struggling, they are still finding ways to help out the defense by putting up points, despite their struggles.

Mcnutt could come out and be a diamond in the rough this game. But again news flash. This ain't college. This is the pros. What he did in college ain't going to always trasfer over to the pros. I don't know what to expect from the rookie. Depends on how many chances Mcnutts get Sunday. If he gets open alot when he has the chance. Then Cam may throw to him more. But I expect Mcnutt to see limited tries this Sunday. You mostly will see 3 wides and TE sets most of the game. Maybe 4 wide a few times. But who knows what will happen. Hopefully the kid will be a big surprise for the team.

Just an FYI: McNutt is not a rookie. The Panthers are his third team. 

Of course he may as well be a rookie for all the time that he has seen the field, but it is still a little disconcerting that he was cut by two teams that could use WR help right now. At least the Dolphins saw enough in him to place him on the practice squad. But I think that fans would be better served to keep the bar set low for this guy. Admittedly, the thought of a 6'4" receiver (especially with Cam) lends itself to all kinds of fantastic daydreaming. We can all hope that coach Proehl has suitably readied McNutt for his opportunity. Keeping it real though, if the rest of the guys effectively do their jobs, then McNutt should barely see the field.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what the crew does tomorrow sans Smitty.  Time to poo or get off the pot.  

On an off note, some of you scoffed at and mocked many Huddlers' reactions when Gettis was cut.  Now you have the honor of seeing our receiving corp sans Gettis and Smitty.  

You are right about the hurryup.  That also may be when defenses are less prepared.

The number of drops we haven't doesnt account for the great disparity in numbers between last year and this year imo.

Definitely not. I just wonder how much closer it would be. From Cam's own mouth they put a lot of emphasis on his checkdowns and short to intermediate throws this last offseason, so maybe just a combination of that, slowing down the offense and him being overly cautious at times. I just remember Favre(minnesota) and even Jake looking much better in the hurryup than running ball control offenses, I think it makes it harder for a QB to get in rhythm(time to overthink it). I'd like to see if using it some within our first couple drives of a game would help Cam's accuracy/timing earlier in games. 

Olsen has always been money number one....Its going to be interesting to see where Cam goes with the ball because i feel he had an allegience to seek out Smitty...who struggled to get open like he use to. Lafell better catch the ball, freakin Ginn better catch the ball when called upon....Hixon is the X factor.....if nothing else... Tolbert and our running backs should have a big day.

Archived