• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McDermott's name heating up

Ruff

I'm really sick of other teams been able to nic pic at other teams DC/OC to head coach. Really think the only way it should be is that should have the right to refuse for any other team to talk with you personnal. This is why the Panthers have never been able to have back to back winning seasons. Because right after we have a good season. A team wants to come after our best people. And some of you say there would not be much of a drop off if McD leaves for HC job. Remember 2003. Right after the SB Del Rio got a HC position off from the Jags. 2003 was the year our D was top 5 in defense. After Del Rio left. Our D production fell off and was never the same. Trust me when I say if McD leaves. You can kiss our team production good by. It will 2003 all over again. Ron is the HC. Ron can't do everything on this team a lone. If I was JR and DG. I would be offering McD a nice fat contract with plenty of money to stay. If not don't be surprise if our D production goes down and we are not top 10 next year.

That's because we got turgo....enough said.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Fox, Belichick, Tomlin, Mike Smith, John Harbaugh, Fischer, Allen, Pagano, Lewis, Ryan, Rivera, Carroll, Bradley

That is 13.

Schiano, Frazier, and Schwartz were

That made 16 this year. Exactly half the league

Love it when facts make him look like a bigger idiot than he already does

I'm really sick of other teams been able to nic pic at other teams DC/OC to head coach. Really think the only way it should be is that should have the right to refuse for any other team to talk with you personnal. This is why the Panthers have never been able to have back to back winning seasons. Because right after we have a good season. A team wants to come after our best people. And some of you say there would not be much of a drop off if McD leaves for HC job. Remember 2003. Right after the SB Del Rio got a HC position off from the Jags. 2003 was the year our D was top 5 in defense. After Del Rio left. Our D production fell off and was never the same. Trust me when I say if McD leaves. You can kiss our team production good by. It will 2003 all over again. Ron is the HC. Ron can't do everything on this team a lone. If I was JR and DG. I would be offering McD a nice fat contract with plenty of money to stay. If not don't be surprise if our D production goes down and we are not top 10 next year.

Wow, I've never seen anything typed that sounded so stupid. In a league where you are liable to lose your third best player because he is too expensive (see G. Hardy), you're saying coordinators shouldn't be given a chance to become a head coach.. and on top of that.. how the fug would we have got ANY of our coaches?

I don't care what your bro in law is... you are judging Frazier as a head coach, not as a defense coordinator (which is where he made his living).

Statistically, he had a top 10 defense in three of the four seasons he was defensive coordinator with Minnesota. The only year he didn't field a top ten defense was in his first year as defensive coordinator of the Vikings (2007).

I'm judging Frazier as both a HC and DC. Frazier have always been mediocre. The stats speaks for itself. Not sure where the hell you got your stats from. As a HC, he's even worse. The most stoic and un-gutsiest HC I've seen compared to Rivera's first two years. I guess I should listen to a Panthers fan who have never watch more than 5 snaps of a Vikings game (not vs. Panthers) than listening to my brother in law right?

All the Minny's fans are still crying to this day for the lost of Mike Tomlin.

Not including Frazier's first year as a defensive coordinator...

Vikings Defensive Ranks As Frazier As A DC

Total Defense: 6th

Yards Per Game: 6th

Rush Yards Per Game: 1st

Total Defense: 6th

Yards Per Game: 6th

Rush Yards Per Game: 2nd

Points Per Game: 10th

Total Defense: 8th

Yards Per Game: 8th

Pass Yards Per Game: 10th

Rush Yards Per Game: 9th

Sure seems like he sucks to me...

Not sure where you got your stats from.

(NFL.com)

Leslie Frazier's DC (2007-2010)

Total Defense: 13th

Pass Yards Per Game: 1st

Rush Yards Per Game: not found

Total Defense: 27th

Pass Yards Per Game: 15th

Pass Yards Per Game: 14th

Total Defense: 25th

Pass Yards Per Game: 23rd

Assuming McD do get a HC job (not likely), the only way Frazier would get the DC job is bc of connection with Rivera, not bc he's good. I'd take Mike Singletary as my DC before I'd even think about Frazier. Frazier is the last man I'd want for this job. He's Ron Meeks 2.0!

I'm judging Frazier as both a HC and DC. Frazier have always been mediocre. The stats speaks for itself. Not sure where the hell you got your stats from. As a HC, he's even worse. The most stoic and un-gutsiest HC I've seen compared to Rivera's first two years. I guess I should listen to a Panthers fan who have never watch more than 5 snaps of a Vikings game (not vs. Panthers) than listening to my brother in law right?

All the Minny's fans are still crying to this day for the lost of Mike Tomlin.

Not sure where you got your stats from.

(NFL.com)

Leslie Frazier's DC (2007-2010)

Total Defense: 13th

Pass Yards Per Game: 1st

Pass Yards Per Game: 15th

Pass Yards Per Game: 14th

Total Defense: 25th

Pass Yards Per Game: 23rd

Assuming McD do get a HC job (not likely), the only way Frazier would get the DC job is bc of connection with Rivera, not bc he's good. I'd take Mike Singletary as my DC before I'd even think about Frazier. Frazier is the last man I'd want for this job. He's Ron Meeks 2.0!

All I had to do was check NFL.com once... and you my friend are wrong lol. 

Link: http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Also you can't judge an individual as a head coach the same way you judge a defensive coordinator... you can't even do that with positional coaches. For example, Mike Shula was a hell of a quarterback coach but he's suspect as an offensive coordinator.

All I had to do was check NFL.com once... and you my friend are wrong lol. 

Link: http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Also you can't judge an individual as a head coach the same way you judge a defensive coordinator... you can't even do that with positional coaches. For example, Mike Shula was a hell of a quarterback coach but he's suspect as an offensive coordinator.

I'll admit my mistake on the stats. I looked it from the other way around.

Still, Frazier is not an upgrade to McD. As well as McD been this season, Rivera still earn a damn lot more credit for this defense than McD. Schwartz and Phillips are still better candidates, tho Phillips runs a 34. The smartest move would be to promote from within (Washington/Wilks).

I'll admit my mistakes on the stats. I looked it from the other way around.

Still, Frazier is not an upgrade to McD. As well as McD been this season, Rivera still earn a damn lot more credit for this defense than McD. Schwartz and Phillips are still better candidates, tho Phillips runs a 34. The smartest move would be to promote from within (Washington/Wilks).

Personally I don't think it matters who it is... It's Rivera's defense at the end the day (in my opinion).

Archived