• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D.C. Options if McDermott Leaves?

Catalyst

If McDermott does end up leaving, who will we hire to replace him? I think we've got two good options on-staff in Steve Wilks and Eric Washington, but is it possible we'd look elsewhere?

Something else to consider; both Wilks and Washington could be strong candidates for other teams looking for defensive coordinators as well.

Ray Horton if he doesn't land a HC job

Ray Horton runs a 34, so no.

I'd say Steve Wilks would be the first option, seeing as how Rivera originally wanted him here in the beginning. Washington would be a likely candidate, given his awesome job with the defensive line.

With keek out there I don't think it matters. He is smart enough he will make sure we are in the correct alignment regardless of who is calling plays.

Not calling you out in particular but it has been said by numerous posters. Keek is not on some Peyton manning level with calling the shots for their respective squads. McDermott and pretty much any coordinator we bring in is going to be light years above keek in defensive game planning and play calling. Keek is a beast and incredibly smart. But we can't rely on a 3rd year player to call the shots. It's unfair to him and unfair to the team.

Archived