• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phil Simms: "If you think Cam played bad you can suck it."

SCP

Ok so maybe I paraphrased in the subject line, but he did say this:

@NFLMondayQB: Phil Simms has a message to those who think Cam Newton didn't play well: "You're crazy! You're stupid! He was playing a good football team!"

I purposely did not watch any national sport networks/ shows today, especially First Take. I did not want to hear people like Skip Bayless say Cam was the number one overall pick in the draft, he should be able to throw and catch the ball by himself and beat the 49ers. Cam looked sharped early on and I don't think the moment was too big for him. He accounted for 88% of our offense. I was hoping guys like Brandon Lafell would have a fluke game like DHB by catching a TD and get 100 yards receiving.  

when he said he could get in and didnt, that was forcing the issue, playing on emotion instead of thinking it through. he would have had a better shot, with a bootleg or say a pass to olsen since the niners were expecting run.  the offense line wasnt opening an holes, cam knew this. he wantws to be superman anyways.

Archived