• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Forming a Flag Football Team

bleys

I knew it wouldn't be long before I got the itch to make this happen and so it's begun.  A few friends are already on board and looking for a few more additions.  Anyone interested let me know.  Craigslist will fill a roster but I might as well get the word out over here to anyone interested.

We have a QB but if anyone is that much better he won't mind stepping aside.  You can never have enough receivers with height so there's also that.  

Since I'm new to the area I'm not familiar with the leagues around here.  There are a few options and most seem to be 7man.  I wouldn't mind starting 5 and then transitioning, but either is perfectly fine.  

From my time in Raleigh we spread things out in 7man and dared the opponents to rush however many they wanted.  A QB with a strong enough arm can stand back 15-20 yards and make them all pay.  We have that kind of QB so I'm leaning towards what I'm already familiar with.  Any experience is welcome especially anyone familiar with this area.

Speed and hands are the obvious but any combination of speed, hands, and height will help.  

PM me or respond here.  I'm aiming to get a headcount next Saturday afternoon around 3pm.  Plenty of fields around uptown should be open, but whatever is the most convenient for everyone is cool too.

a warning to anyone who joins bleys team.

make sure he does NOT drink the night before a game.

:lol:

I had an epiphany that day..  I can't do as I did at a younger age.

Welcome to Charlotte

Thanks.  As it turns out, Raleigh isn't as cool as Charlotte after all...

Archived