• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An Elephant in the Room

twylyght

I am absolutely shocked that it has been brought up as little as it has, but I figure I might as well mention it.

The schedule. Is anyone paying attention? When I look at this schedule, I do not see a single off-week in terms of opponents. Moreover, with a bye week so early in the season and concerns with depth at OLine and DLine, it HAS to figure in to how our season will play out.

Last year, we had a favorable schedule with a table of relatively weak opponents across the board. Couple that with outstanding depth where we needed it, we matched our best regular season win total in franchise history.

When I look at this year's schedule, I think I will be happy with a 9-7 outcome and getting into the playoffs ahead of the rest of the NFC South.

Am I crazy? Please... someone talk me down from this, because I don't honestly don't see the amazing season that so many people here are talking about.

I never really buy in to the preseason tough schedule talk. Some of the teams we think are good on that schedule will tank this year, other teams we think are bad will do better.

The preseason schedule rankings are never accurate come the end of the season.

the schedule is tough. but this team always seems to play better against tougher competition. playing a tougher schedule will also make this team more prepared for the playoffs, just look at the steelers last year. so im not too worried.

Exactly. The schedule may or may not be as tough as it seems. Assuming it is as tough as it appears, it can only make the Panthers are stronger team because of it. Of course, the rest of the NFC South has to play a pretty tough schedule as well.

I'm hoping for 10-6 and winning the division.

Exactly Zod, who knows who is going to be good or not this season.....I think that our opponents are going to be tough, but we are going to be tough too, so its not an off week for any of our opponents either. Well, unless Jake goes down.

I am waiting for the time when teams see us on the schedule and are afraid instead of the other way around. For what it is worth we need to be able to compete with the NFC and AFC east teams. Otherwise we don't need to be talked about in the same breath with top teams. Secondly we haven't been less than 7-9 under Fox no matter what the issues. And when Jake has been healthy for all 16 games, with the exception of 2004 when everyone else was hurt, we have never failed to win at least 11 games. I have us pegged to win 10 games this year which I believe is doable if we can stay healthy.

I am waiting for the time when teams see us on the schedule and are afraid instead of the other way around. For what it is worth we need to be able to compete with the NFC and AFC east teams. Otherwise we don't need to be talked about in the same breath with top teams. Secondly we haven't been less than 7-9 under Fox no matter what the issues. And when Jake has been healthy for all 16 games, with the exception of 2004 when everyone else was hurt, we have never failed to win at least 11 games. I have up pegged to win 10 games this year which I believe is doable if we can stay healthy.

That's what I'm talkin' about.

I say the elephant is the horrible offensive play calling in the last game. WTF was up with that?

It was Davidson's first time in the playoffs. Hopefully he learned something from it and calls a better game next time. Experience isn't the easiest teacher but sometimes it is the best.

Archived