• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Cam have an asking price?

cardiackat88.

Hopefully it's somewhere in the $15-17million range or even lower. He clearly wants to stay in Carolina, and we need him here.

i would say his value at this point , not on potential, would be around 8-9 mil a yr. 15 to 17 would make it very hard to surround him with the talent he needs. He can't do it by himself as we have already seen.

i would say his value at this point , not on potential, would be around 8-9 mil a yr. 15 to 17 would make it very hard to surround him with the talent he needs. He can't do it by himself as we have already seen.

Maybe $11-12mil at this point. There are 10 other teams who would be willing to pay him $15m/yr.  We can't lowball him.  If he'd be happy to take 9 then I'm all for it, but being reasonable, he deserves more than that.

LOL how are you guys getting 8-12 mil??? Maybe 10-15 years ago that was ok but times have changed. 

Just to put it in perspective Mark Sanchez is making 13 mil a year. http://overthecap.com/top-player-salaries.php?Position=QB

The average of the top 10 QBs is around 17 mil. He is going to get paid 18-20+ mil. 

Cutler, Romo, and Stafford are all making around 18 mil a yr

LOL how are you guys getting 8-12 mil??? Maybe 10-15 years ago that was ok but times have changed. 

Just to put it in perspective Mark Sanchez is making 13 mil a year. http://overthecap.com/top-player-salaries.php?Position=QB

The average of the top 10 QBs is around 17 mil. He is going to get paid 18-20+ mil. 

Cutler, Romo, and Stafford are all making around 18 mil a yr

He is performance wise a middle of the pack QB so far. which puts him 8-10 range. I would say at this point the only way to legitimately pay that would be in a massive incentive laden contract. That is not to say the Panthers won't over pay but in reality he is not a 18 -20 mil QB right now and if we pay that and can't surround him with the talent he needs on the O, he will never be an 18-20 mil QB on the field. 

He is performance wise a middle of the pack QB so far. which puts him 8-10 range. I would say at this point the only way to legitimately pay that would be in a massive incentive laden contract. That is not to say the Panthers won't over pay but in reality he is not a 18 -20 mil QB right now and if we pay that and can't surround him with the talent he needs on the O, he will never be an 18-20 mil QB on the field. 

That is the problem he will be overpaid. All QBs are getting overpaid. Romo, Cutler, and Stafford are not worth 18 mil but that is the new market. If the panthers don't want to pay 18 mil then some other team like the Raiders or Jags will. Talent-wise he is in the top 10. In the 8 spot is Stafford making 18 mil. At 10 is Matt schaub making 15.5 mil. 

Do you think Cam will take less than Matt Schaub?

Objectively speaking he is probably in the range of Romo Cutler and Stafford. Also if you project 5-7 years down the line he also has the most upside with age + talent. 

In addition to all that Cam was the first to be screwed by the new rookie deal. Cam averaged 5.5 mil a season. Bradford got 13mil/season for 6 years! You better believe the agent will ask for more money for outperforming his rookie contract.

problem here is, you and most fans fail to understand, or flat out ignore, how salaries truly work in the NFL.

Cam is a franchise QB.

A special one.

So no matter how ya try to downgrade his value, he will get paid like a premier franchise QB.

Like it or not.

Archived