• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Cam have an asking price?

cardiackat88.

Maybe $11-12mil at this point. There are 10 other teams who would be willing to pay him $15m/yr.  We can't lowball him.  If he'd be happy to take 9 then I'm all for it, but being reasonable, he deserves more than that.

If you think he will take 11-12M, you are an idiot.

That is the price for a bottom tier starter in this league.  He will demand in the 17-20M range.

If you think he will take 11-12M, you are an idiot.

That is the price for a bottom tier starter in this league.  He will demand in the 17-20M range.

Did you not see what I was replying to??? I never said I thought he would take that amount, I said it would be around $15mil. I was saying that maybe 11-12m is his worth based on his play, but I agree with everyone else that as a franchise QB he's worth at least $15mil. Try reading my entire response next time, idiot. 

In all seriousness his option year is worth 17+, so start there for your yearly contract projections. Most likely looking at a range of 17-21 million a year, there's a good chance that he becomes the highest paid QB in the NFL. 

People on here really need to get used to the idea that cam is going to get a 100 million dollar contract. If Cam ask for a 7 year deal, which I believe he probably would. You're looking at a deal worth close to 140 million dollars with probably 55-60 of it guaranteed. 

7 years, 137 million, 55 million guaranteed. Roughly 19 million a year. 

Did you not see what I was replying to??? I never said I thought he would take that amount, I said it would be around $15mil. I was saying that maybe 11-12m is his worth based on his play, but I agree with everyone else that as a franchise QB he's worth at least $15mil. Try reading my entire response next time, idiot. 

still don't think 11-12 based on play is right.

He led us to 12-4 and a division title.  That is not low tier results.

Try writing something coherently next time....fuging idiot.

QB pay going up (absurdly) and the cap staying flat, has, in essence, lowered the cap number for the other 52.

Good news, is you have good players like Ginn, Mitchell, and Capt. playing on 1 year deals, but it's awfully tough time keeping good talent to lock up long term.

As for Cam's deal, look to Rivers, Cutler, Ryan as a starting point.

QB pay going up (absurdly) and the cap staying flat, has, in essence, lowered the cap number for the other 52.

Good news, is you have good players like Ginn, Mitchell, and Capt. playing on 1 year deals, but it's awfully tough time keeping good talent to lock up long term.

As for Cam's deal, look to Rivers, Cutler, Ryan as a starting point.

Exactly....and they are NOT in the 11-12M per season range.

Archived