• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Gregory is being released.

Ruff

incredibly smart SS who is great at diagnosing plays based on formations and tendencies and disrupting plans and hits really hard.

I'd take him just based on this, tbh, but i was hoping we'd sign him prior to last year.

gerghit.gif

this is probably his best highlight of the year. my roommate is a pats fan and is always shitting on Gregory. he's alright but it seems he gets exposed fairly often.

You can't have a Cam Newton at every spot.

You also can't afford to have Fua's on the roleplayer spots. Dude is a legit S.....much better than a healthy Godfrey

Never said anything about having a Newton at every spot. Rather just have Mikell back eventho he's older. At least he wont have to learn the defense and not injury prone.

I think the Panthers will probably just roll with Robert Lester at SS and hopefully re-sign Mitchell at FS.  For many reasons they should and will probably cut Godfrey so I'd anticipate them signing a FA like Gregory or maybe even bringing Mikell back if he's cheap.  Honestly though Mikell didn't play all that great, especially at the end of the year.  Two plays stick out in my mind - Jimmy Graham jumping over him for a TD in Week 16 (yes I know there's a huge size difference) and him completely whiffing on Kapernick's TD scramble in the playoffs. 

I agree Lester was amazing for an UDFA, and will only get better. Opposing QBs had a 46.9 rating when throwing against him, and he had I think 4 picks and a fumble recovery. I know he got burned in the playoff game when Mikell got hurt but he'll improve with time. Mitchell was great too, so I say we stick with those two, and focus on upgrading at corner, where we need it the most. Other than that, if we keep Hardy, I think our defense will be #1 and we need to put a little bit of focus into our offense, OT/WR/TE? and we should be good to go. I can't even begin to say how excited I am to see what happens in FA and the draft.

Cmon bud, we could do better. Quit having such low expectations.

thank you for assuming you know what my expectations of this team is.

That's why I made the post to begin with.

Cause you are being overly arrogant is assuming any fan wants anything but a lombardi.

Fact is, you cannot have all stars at every position, regardless which team ya can possibility point out.

Every team has role players.

Seattle is a perfect example.

Did they settle by getting solid football players?

thank you for assuming you know what my expectations of this team is.

That's why I made the post to begin with.

Cause you are being overly arrogant is assuming any fan wants anything but a lombardi.

Fact is, you cannot have all stars at every position, regardless which team ya can possibility point out.

Every team has role players.

Seattle is a perfect example.

Did they settle by getting solid football players?

thank you for assuming that I wanted stars at every position.

Never said anything about having a Newton at every spot. Rather just have Mikell back eventho he's older. At least he wont have to learn the defense and not injury prone.

You didn't realize who he was and got caught looking stupid so you are refusing to back down.  It is okay, I use that tactic all the time.

what's up with over reacting to wanting solid football players?

Too much Madden. 

The difference in our team had a lot to do with mid market free agents.  Ginn, Blackburn, and Mitchell just to name a few.

Mitchell is a prime example of putting a player into a position where he can show his talents.   With Oakland he was a mid-level bust.  In Carolina he had an argument for the Pro-Bowl.

If this guy is as smart and tough as previously mentioned.  The odds are he would perform well here in Carolina at a good price.

Archived