• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Franchise tag it is

SCP

Honest opinion would be to trade him after the tag.

Trade up with Oakland, Cleveland, or the Rams. Give up Hardy, our 2014 1st round pick, and some kind of conditional pick in the 2015 draft. We could then either get Greg Robinson, Sammy Watkins, or even Jadeveon Clowney.

Please make this happen. A top guy and we get cap space back. 

Must be the only fan to not be delighted with this unless he's traded. So we lock up all our money in the defence and ignore our future qb and offense, you watch us play Byron Bell at LT, seriously Cam go to a franchise who actually gives a fug about you and who will build around you like the colts did with Andrew Luck, rather than pay two defensive ends a ton of money and leave you throwing balls to trash receivers whilst getting hit hard because your line is also trash, this isn't an exaggeration or ott post it's a fact, and to think most of you are cool with this really baffles me.

You could be right, but I think we should wait till all moves are done before assuming anything. Nobody here can predict the future. And if you say that you can, I would never believe you anyways. Gettleman sees all the holes we can except he actually is planning out the off-season to get us ready for next season.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Franchising was the right move. In a dream scenario, we could possibly trade him for picks/cap space now. If not? We still have the Kraken on a one year deal. 

It may have already been mentioned too, but Big Money's contract may be easier to get rid of following 2014, allowing us to re-sign Hardy a little easier. 

Don't be a hypocrite, you've shlt talked him every time his name was mentioned and now he gets a few scoops you're gonna pull this 180?

I'm giving credit where credit is due. Voth is doing an excellent job with Panthers info right now. He's an independent writer running circles around the "official" local beat writers and he's doing a better job than the now national NFL guy Gantt - who we can all agree is the best Panthers beat writer we've ever had. Gantt had legit leaks from the team. 

Still, I don't care for Voth's tone and if you go back and read his tweets (especially the ones regarding OUR quarterback); I stand by my statements that he is a troll and a Cam hater. Peter King is a Cam hater yet I still read his MMQB and do regard PK as the best NFL writer around. I don't agree or endorse everything people like Rush, Jon Stewart, Peter King, Jeff Goodman say - but sometimes they are on the money and do a good job. It's important to understand that. 

Keep reporting Voth - but leave your opinions to yourself. Glazer and Schefter are obviously the best NFL guys around, but they 99% of the time are breaking news, not handing out condescending complents or cheap narratives. 

If I'm not mistaken don't you have some crow to eat?

And my stance was that I didn't think the "tag and trade" was such an easy option, never that tagging him was a bad idea.  I didn't, however, think they were going to do it.  

Regardless....this is a message board where people give their opinions.  It's not necessary for you to pound your chest and say "told ya so" every time you are correct.  

There's no guarantee they end up as good as Hardy. You don't ever, ever dump a rare, young talent like Hardy in the HOPES you get something else in the draft. This is precisely why message board posters aren't GMs

You should really look into an online remedial reading course.

I said I would rather use the 13m to sign a starting LT and another good WR. Neither would come from the draft. That would allow us to draft bpa.

Thanks for trying...you almost caught up.

Welp the FT was the right road to take.

How it plays out will be the key.

Hardy can't play on a 13 million dollar contract when we pay his opposite 16 million already.

No NFL team is nuts enough to assign 30 million to the Defensive End position.

Ain't gonna happen.

Negotiate a long term deal that is cap friendly and works for both parties.

Or trade Hardy for a draft pick. Even one 2nd round pick would work for me, not only would we receive the 2nd rounder but after the rookie signs his contract we'd have gained north of 10 million in cap space to play with and fill other holes.

Tough choices must be made as we simply can't pay Hardy that much dinero.

Just need to get something done before it's either pay Hardy the 13 mill or pull the FT tag and let him walk and wait for a compensatory.

Spot on my friend.

Archived