• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smith Perspective: A Voth-man prophecy

SCP

I can tell you Marvin McNutt and Tavares King won’t be the only receivers. I can tell you Byron Bell won’t likely be protecting Cam Newton’s blindside. I can tell you Dave Gettleman had a lot less money and almost as many headaches last year at this time before he helped the Panthers get back to the playoffs.

This exactly.  

yeah, funny how 90 percent of this forum was "Trust in Getty" 2 weeks ago

I'm not pissed that Steve Smith is getting cut, it's just how it all went down.  Gettleman could have just said "Steve has had a great career here in Carolina but the time has come to move on." and we would have been upset but at least he was a man and came out and said it.  Now he's just dangling him for trade bait and Steve had to hear his time in Carolina was probably up through social media.  The best player in Panthers history deserves better than that yankee garbage.

I'm not pissed that Steve Smith is getting cut, it's just how it all went down.  Gettleman could have just said "Steve has had a great career here in Carolina but the time has come to move on." and we would have been upset but at least he was a man and came out and said it.  Now he's just dangling him for trade bait and Steve had to hear his time in Carolina was probably up through social media.  The best player in Panthers history deserves better than that yankee garbage.

that's a fair point.  Still, in the end, the right thing is being done, and Getty is still on his learning curve,

Archived