• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers Front Office doesn't care what you think

Hotsauce

Finally, someone else doesn't take everything on South Mint Street as gospel.  Heart-stealing Richardson hawked his PSL's and got the stadium built, then turns around and bends over the taxpayers for renovation for it.  All he cares about is the league and the bottom line of the balance sheet.  Fluke into a winning season or two while making money is fine, if not, who cares.

God, I hate this guy^

Today is 3/12/14

Well... as of 3/12/14... we look to be losing Smitty, Ginn, & LaFell.

Also as of 3/12/14... we look to be signing... nobody.

I don't want to be the Miami Dolphins pre-Mike Wallace where you have 9 WR's nobody has ever heard of. 

This is like quitting your job without having another one lined up.

Oh my God...they cut an aging 35 yo WR whose production is declining. And some immature fans are whining about it because they think that their "favorite player of all time" should be paid millions until that player is ready to leave on their terms.

Most of you don't have the business acumen to run a lemonade stand in your driveways.

Carry on

By reading people posts you can tell who works in corporate world and who still going to high school. Some people fail to understand how business world works.

It is a business... Period

And you need to understand business better. Why do people go into business and start businesses? Some do it solely for the money. But some do it for the passion of whatever business it is, for example Sal in the movie "Do The Right Thing." Despite racial tensions, he loved making pizzas and seeing children in the neighborhood grow up on his food. Another reason for going into business is to provide a good or service to help people. Why is the NFL successful? The only reason is the fans and that's why the NFL is much worse now than it was before. All fans are complaining about the new rules and preventing defenses from hitting hard without getting a penalty, yet Goodell is doing nothing about it. I don't think there's a single NFL fan who honestly likes Goodell. NFL teams can be businesses focused on winning, but the #1 priority is to make the fan base happy. They're paying the bills. If the majority of the Panthers fans would rather have Smith and no guaranteed Super Bowl (and that's what it seems like) than no Smith and a Super Bowl, then that would be the right decision, regardless of what it means for the teams chances at winning. Which is right? It's all a matter of opinion and it's a tough decision, but what the fans want IS the most important thing. JR has understood that, and Hurney understood that (but that was his fatal flaw because he completely abused it and overdid it and handed out terrible contracts). The tough part of being a GM is putting together a squad that is respectable with decisions making the fans happy, and also being successful in the win category. There's a reason a lot of people hate the Patriots and their fans... And it's not because they win. It's because they are a classless franchise and classless fans who don't care about loyalty to players. If benching Brady and then cutting him meant them winning a Super Bowl, they'd be all in. Gettleman right now is making us like the Patriots, and I can't stand it. I don't care about winning if you win without any class. There is a way to balance it, and many teams have done it and been successful with Super Bowl wins.

Yes, becasue we know that a multi million dollar NFL franchise should be run like some idiots Madden of Fantasy teams.

It's just a shame that money is the bottom line for seemingly everyone. Doesn't say much about humanity.

Archived