• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers Front Office doesn't care what you think

Hotsauce

If you actually knew how to understand reading comprehension you would understand I never implied that Gettleman is a douche for wanting to get rid of Smith, he's a douche for the way he handled it. not being upfront, leaking stuff to the media making Smith find out thru the media. Then again you are from Jersey so being a jerk should come natural for you.......you got that going for you.

I honestly stopped reading after gettledouche. I just knew nothing intelligent could follow. Gettleman can do whatever he wants. He's trying to build a championship team.

I honestly stopped reading after gettledouche. I just knew nothing intelligent could follow

So, just like most of your posts then? And you didnt read the rest but then posted about what you thought I was saying? Yeah, you sound like an arrogant Jersey shore mook.

So, just like most of your posts then? And you didnt read the rest but then posted about what you thought I was saying? Yeah, you sound like an arrogant Jersey shore mook.

Arrogant jersey shore mook? Hahhaha ok whatever that means. Really doesn't offend me in any way. I have lived in NJ and NC so I know both worlds. If you go up north from the south no one says two words about where you are from. You go down south from north and bam you are Yankee and an a hole. Oh well it's more funny than anything else not offensive.

Good thing this team is being run by a damn Yankee. You called him a douche so I stopped reading. If I would have read anymore of your post I would have learned that you don't like the way he handled this. I would have then proceeded to write the exact same thing. I love Smith and have a jersey of him hanging on my wall but Gettleman doesn't owe him anythjng. Gettleman was asked a question and he answered it honestly (what a breath of fresh air thatt is for once) and that is how this all started. It's not like DG just called media members over and told them this out of nowhere. Again love SS but if this makes DG a douche than what does that make Smitth? Guy punched two teammates and oh how soon we forget he demanded a trade before we got Cam.

I know I'm in the complete minority here, but I'm perfectly fine with what Gettleman and JR are doing. Smitty is my fav player of all time, but I don't know the truth as to why everything is happening the way it is so ill leave that alone. Losing Mitchell really hurt, but besides that, We have a young core group of stable guys:

-Cam

-Kraken

-Big Money (ok not exactly young but still has many years left)

-Star

-Short

-Luke

Gett was given a hell of a mess to clean up with the contracts and he's slowly doing it. Nothing can turn that situation around this week. It will take a few years. So that's what he's doing. We will be in a great position, without money invested in dead weight, with only a few positions to really focus on. Our entire front 7 is by far the best in the league. Barring injury, that's not changing within the next year or two. We went 12-4 with a patch work secondary, get a stable guy in there and we at least aren't any "worse" then we were going into last season. Add to that the offense. Needs an overhaul no doubt. But are you people forgetting just how atrocious we were on offense for the past 2 months of the season? It was pathetic. Couldn't move the ball with any regularity in the slightest. Of course we WANT amazing players at every position, but we've never had a game changing number 2 WR, havent had a solid & consistent ground game since 08, and our OLine always had holes. You guys are acting liek we are going from the 2013 Broncos roster to the 2010 panthers. 

It's all for the future. We will be in amazing position 2-3 years from now. If you think this $1 Billion organization doesn't have a plan, then please keep crying. It makes it much more fun for the rest of us. This team has one consistent theme over the past 8 or so years, and thats Cap hell. we were known for pushing money back until later, push it back until next year, lets restructure one more time. At some point, the debt had to be paid and we are in the midst of it. It happens. We rebuild and attempt to build a dynasty. Not "attempt to win now" with a large group of over-achievers 

Guest shitposting

Case in point. Disrespect the old guy for pointing out that kids today have no boundaries, and have an under developed sense of civility. I say, bring back corporal punishment.

Throw a hissy fit with no repercussions? Well okay then.

You're just a hypocritical old man. You're acting like like a dick because you have no real argument against others opinions that you don't share.

You're just a hypocritical old man. You're acting like like a dick because you have no real argument against others opinions that you don't share.

So throwing a hissy fit and acting like a spoiled child is having a valid opinion? Good to know.

Speaking of which. I see you have yet to offer any valid points to back any of those OPINIONS. Hey, good work when you can get it.

Guest shitposting

So throwing a hissy fit and acting like a spoiled child is having a valid opinion? Good to know.

Speaking of which. I see you have yet to offer any valid points to back any of those OPINIONS. Hey, good work when you can get it.

You're acting like a spoiled child throwing a hissy fit!

FORM AN OPINION ON THE TOPIC OR STOP DERAILING THE THREAD!

Sorry folks, the FO does not care what people think.

They don't care what the players think...

They don't care what the coaches think...

They don't care about the Panthers heritage or the legacy of its players...

And they sure as shlt don't care about its fans...

...all they care about is money. The easy cop out you hear time and time again, is "the NFL is a business." Which it's true, it is a business, it's an entertainment business. Winning is a big part of being "entertained". But equally, a big part of the entertainment is the faces that represent your business. And sometimes you have to make sacrifices, at the risk of losing money, to ensure your customers are happy.

It is very sad and embarrassing how the Panthers "Corporation" has handled the Steve Smith situation. I would not be surprised if the FO also mishandled other vets with no respect (i.e. Gross).

So from here on out, I will no longer refer to the Front Office as FO, but rather, FU.

Not really accurate.

Gettleman has said repeatedly that he doesn't make decisions unilaterally.  He always consults with coaches, scouts, etc, especially Ron Rivera.  Likewise, Rivera has been known to regularly ask for input from players.  And all decisions are referred to as "team" decisions.

Do they listen to fans on questions about roster building?

No.  And they're right not to.

As far as caring about players heritage and history, there was a time when the Panthers did plenty of that.  It was back when they were run by a guy named Marty Hurney.

Look where that got us.

Pretty much every team in the league has at some point had to part ways with a super popular player, and often not under the best of circumstances.  You have to make those kinds of decisions objectively though, doing what you believe is best for the team.

Take a look at a team like the Patriots.  You think they care whose heart they break?  But guys still want to play for them.  And why?

Because they win.

And that is the bottom line.

Well they should, without us there would be no them.

No team in the league allows fans to influence roster decisions.

If they did, they'd be total idiots.

Take your nonsense somewhere else. If anyone deserves a statue at BOA it is Steve Smith. He should be the first life long Panther but is not because some East Rutherford mook comes in and dismembers the entire team. Very poorly handled situation with Gross and Smitty.

You want Hurney back?

I ask because the team building philosophy you're advocating was his MO.

You're acting like a spoiled child throwing a hissy fit!

FORM AN OPINION ON THE TOPIC OR STOP DERAILING THE THREAD!

First you got to call me names. Now you are yelling at me. What's wrong with this picture?

LOL, kids...you gotta love em.

Because I don't go ranting and raving that the Panthers, the FO, Rivera, and JR can all kiss my azz over the Smitty deal only means I have a modicum of self control. It is a damm football team. There are far too many on here lately that are going all ballistic. I love it. I find humor in it. Over a football team.

I would hate to lose Smitty. But that is the only move Gman has made, not done, fugged up since he got here. Some are all hissy over keeping Hardy. That is funny as well. Be disappointed, I can live with that. But don't act like your momma wouldn't buy you an ice cream cone. Childish behavior needs to be called out. And I am happy to do so.

HOW'S THAT! Does that make you feel better? Coddle coddle.

Guest shitposting

First you got to call me names. Now you are yelling at me. What's wrong with this picture?

LOL, kids...you gotta love em.

Because I don't go ranting and raving that the Panthers, the FO, Rivera, and JR can all kiss my azz over the Smitty deal only means I have a modicum of self control. It is a damm football team. There are far too many on here lately that are going all ballistic. I love it. I find humor in it. Over a football team.

I would hate to lose Smitty. But that is the only move Gman has made, not done, fugged up since he got here. Some are all hissy over keeping Hardy. That is funny as well. Be disappointed, I can live with that. But don't act like your momma wouldn't buy you an ice cream cone. Childish behavior needs to be called out. And I am happy to do so.

HOW'S THAT! Does that make you feel better? Coddle coddle.

Dude stop acting like a child and post something relevant to the topic.

Archived