• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

deangelo williams taking a jab at panthers current roster

When Deangelo signed his contract it was a typical contract for a good RB both in base and guarantee. He hasn't produced the yards that we would have liked but that happens. Look at Ray Rice is is making millions more.

Williams would have gotten it elsewhere if we didn't pay him.

Blaming him for anything is silly.

williams's contract was anything but typical. EVERYONE knew that. a part time running back who was paid top 5 featured back money?!

it temporarily rewrote the payscale for nfl running backs.

williams's contract was anything but typical. EVERYONE knew that. a part time running back who was paid top 5 featured back money?!

it temporarily rewrote the payscale for nfl running backs.

No it did not rewrite anything. $18-36M guaranteed was expected for a top tier RB. Williams got $21M. He was only part time because we had 2 feature backs. 

If your boss at work offered you a huge raise would you say "no better not, don't want to make more than other guys in the workplace."

Blame the boss, not the employee

I am not at all calling DeAngelo Williams a bad guy or anything like that for not taking a paycut.  I don't blame him for not doing it.  I wouldn't do it either.  What I wouldn't do, however, is take a shot at the current roster.

My point is merely that when you are a part of the reason why we are struggling to bring in new talent and aren't worth what you are being paid, then don't take a shot at the roster because if it is that big of a deal to you, then take a paycut.  It is like Jimmy Graham asking to be paid a truckload of money and then taking to Twitter to complain about the Saints releasing key guys.  Like, what the heck are they supposed to do?

That is all I am saying.  I am not blaming DeAngelo Williams.  I do blame Hurney for all of this.  But if Williams has an issue with our roster, then he could help by taking a paycut considering he is obviously not worth what he is being paid and allowing us to acquire more talent.  Otherwise, whining on Twitter about it is a bit obnoxious and that is all Williams seems to do nowadays.

No one likes you.

Oh, I am sorry pudding...you have an issue with reality I see.

Blame the "agents"....yes, it is there fault we have two overpaid featured RBs on our roster despite no other organization in NFL history doing such. Yes, yes...the agents.

Oh, I am sorry pudding...you have an issue with reality I see.

Blame the "agents"....yes, it is there fault we have two overpaid featured RBs on our roster despite no other organization in NFL history doing such. Yes, yes...the agents.

I blame you for the reason nobody likes you. Open your eyes. The signs are all around you...

I blame you for the reason nobody likes you. Open your eyes. The signs are all around you...

There are 2 types of posters...

Ones that are emotionally developed enough to engage in conversations with others who share different opinions

And

Ones who call people doo doo heads bc they can't handle opinions of others

Cannot believe people are actually ragging on DWill for his tweeting.

Dude's said nothing offensive, harsh or upsetting.

The amount of sand in the number of vag's about this is staggering.

Same with the Grizzly match, dude even went through on buying a hat of a fans choice, the guy chose a girls hat for him and he wore it home FFS.

DWill's funny as f--k and I hope he doesn't let little people change his ways.

Also, Vikings paid well over Captain's worth I'm happy we didn't match, same with almost every other FA who left.

There are 2 types of posters...

Ones that are emotionally developed enough to engage in conversations with others who share different opinions

And

Ones who call people doo doo heads bc they can't handle opinions of others

You just always disagree with everyone's posts regardless of the topic. That may very well be the best post you've ever made.

You just always disagree with everyone's posts regardless of the topic. That may very well be the best post you've ever made.

False.

I do often take unpopular stances.....I do it simply bc I am not a fan of players but the team. They aren't to disagree, just my belief

- Bench Jake for Moore

-Double Trouble being a mistake

- Clausen was not a steal but a waste

- Draft Cam and Luke

- Bell sucks

-89 aging out and his negatives outweighing his positives

- Godfrey being below average

- and Jarrett need more reps (sometimes i miss big)

85% of my posts probably relate to those few topics. Most people probably agree with most of that now. People bashed those thoughts....which is fine bc THAT is the purpose of the board. Sharing thoughts.

If you can't handle opposing thoughts that isn't a CRA issue

Archived