• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

deangelo williams taking a jab at panthers current roster

I saw this on reddit, and it blew my mind: Cam Newton is the only title-winning QB in the BCS era to not have a single offensive teammate drafted above the 7th round of the NFL draft. In fact, most title teams of the BCS era have had multiple first day picks, but Auburn 2010 had Cam at #1. . .and Lee Ziemba in the 7th.

I saw this on reddit, and it blew my mind: Cam Newton is the only title-winning QB in the BCS era to not have a single offensive teammate drafted above the 7th round of the NFL draft. In fact, most title teams of the BCS era have had multiple first day picks, but Auburn 2010 had Cam at #1. . .and Lee Ziemba in the 7th.

Wow. He must be used to being surrounded by inferior talent in that case.

What would I be thinking? Holdout.

I'm seeing if I can fake my own death, stay enrolled at Auburn under a different name and walk onto the football team, and get drafted to a better team

You wouldn't think in the slightest that you may be getting set up for failure?

This feels so much like 2010, except that this time we actually have a QB, we just got rid of every other position of need.

Also, I don't find this statement as amusing coming from DeAngelo, when we're hamstrung because of he and Stew's ridiculous contracts.  Gettleman compounded things with some really poorly managed moves and miscalculations so far this offseason, but we're limited in scope because of their deals.

Archived