• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mandatory Reading (shiny hood ornament theory)

Khaki Lackey

Panthercougar68 posted this article in the Bill Voth thread and I think it articulates what I believe is probably Gettleman's philosophy in regard to FA WRs.

Read it. Especially if you are shrieking like a middle school girl that just found out that 'One Direction' broke up about our WR situation.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/chff-theory-elevated-to-man-law/2490/

Kerry Byrne knows what he's talking about and he's certainly right about this. Just look at Seattle, no stud WRs last year but they all benefitted from a strong O-line and running game. I'm not saying we don't need to address the position, but we need to make sure our O-line is patched up first, especially since we are a run-first team with two good RBs

seems to be a pretty terrible article. it starts out suggesting and then at one point outright says having good wide receivers isnt all that important to an NFL offense. any panther fan whose been around even a decent amount of time seems to know this is not the case.

seems to be a pretty terrible article. it starts out suggesting and then at one point outright says having good wide receivers isnt all that important to an NFL offense. any panther fan whose been around even a decent amount of time seems to know this is not the case.

seems that you didn't read the whole article

I wasn't going to call out the crybabies by name, but thanks for signing in.

It's a stupid article. I'm fine with DG not signing any WRs in FA, but the reasons in the article are absolutely ridiculous. WR is the third most important position on the offense, behind QB and LT. It's a passing league these days and I don't see how anyone can think that you can get by with scrub WRs. The Pats last year sucked on offense (comparably to their other seasons) having no WRs, and so did the Ravens only having Torrey. And the Jets?? Geno Smith sucks but if he had even 1 semi-decent receiver last year he would've had a much better season and the Jets could've made the playoffs. And how about us? If we had Anquan Boldin (just an example, other WRs would work in the example) last season as our #2 instead of LaFell, we would've won the Super Bowl. To say WRs don't matter at all is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I didn't get that from the article. I got, having an uber dynamic WR leaves teams feeling as they have to force the issue to make the big play happen(trying to hit home runs vs sound base hits). Just play fundamental ball and spread it out! My god, as panther fans, we have spent years watching the ball force fed to Smitty, yes there were good outcomes, but it led to a bunch of stalled drives!

Strong OL(should be bigger priority for us) with a solid QB will make the average WR corp look All-Star

Kerry Byrne knows what he's talking about and he's certainly right about this. Just look at Seattle, no stud WRs last year but they all benefitted from a strong O-line and running game. I'm not saying we don't need to address the position, but we need to make sure our O-line is patched up first, especially since we are a run-first team with two good RBs

except Seattle's OLine sucked

Archived