• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interested in Antoine Cason (edit)

Gabeking

I've mentioned value through several threads now. The value Gettlemen places on defensive players decreases from the defensive line back. The offense needs to be nothing more than efficient with our philosophy so a Gettlemen sees no reason to spend money on skill position players who are more than role players.

Gettleman gives me the impression that he thinks having a good defense is our best shot until all of our bad contracts go away.  Both DG and RR have used the "keeping our strengths stronger" line.  It's not a bad philosophy.  Most of the dead money bad contracts come from the offensive side of the ball on our team. 

I think when the time is right he'll be looking to turn his attention towards the offense.  Not sure when he's going to be able to address WR like we all want them too.

Is there any official word as to why he fired his agaent? Just a whole lot of speculation.

Person(& others) said there is mutual interest. Doubt that interest just goes away cuz he hired Rosenhaus.

It has nothing to do with not wanting to play in Carolina.  Lets be real here, any DB in the league would love to play behind our front 7.  The issue is that Gettleman is not going to overpay and likely won't be giving out 3 or 4 years deals on defense.

Offense is a different matter particularly for a wide receiver when we don't play in a pass happy offense.

Any smart DB will want to come here to do some image rehab.  Playing behind a dominant front 7 only makes their job easier, and improves their resume.

Plus, they'll look like world-beaters in training camp because their only challenge will be to avoid doubling over with laughter when they see the WRs lining up opposite them.

Archived