• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OL Options in the Draft - a Semi-In-Depth Look

Ruff

with Hurst, it's important to note that he suffered a broken bone, not ligament damage.

I love him in the 3rd if he's there.

This.  I would love him at the bottom of the 3rd, but depending on his Pro Day results, I'm not sure that he'll be there.  If he has a strong Pro Day, a lot of teams will probably ignore the injury since as you stated there was no ligament damage involved.

I think the other prospects really rose up when Hurst went down, showing what the other guys could do. Dudes like Billy Turner really began sticking out, as far as a future franchise LT goes. To me, I'd rather have Turner over Hurst, but I can see the appeal of both. In fact, if we could get Turner in the 2nd and Hurst in the 3rd, we would have solidified both ends of our offensive line for the next, who knows how long.

I watched the Kansas St game you provided (thank you for that thread--excellent).  I was impressed with Turner.  You also turned me onto some Gabe Jackson.  He maintains an excellent base at all times.  Excellent technique

This is where Gettleman really is in his element. Very good talent evaluator.

To me, the question becomes; How much time can he spend evaluating the draft? How many players can he truly get to? Does he divide into subsets? Or reject certain positions off hand? Who does he trust to help him with players he doesn't know? Lots of questions? Cool.

If he hits this draft as well, or even better?, as last year. We can expect 3 starter quality, and a couple more to contribute in some way, type players. With what we have now. We just may be pretty good again this year.

I'm hoping for 2 WR and 1 OT in the first three rounds.

I could live with that. As long as I get my starting LT. I don't care what you kids do.

I watched the Kansas St game you provided (thank you for that thread--excellent). I was impressed with Turner. You also turned me onto some Gabe Jackson. He maintains an excellent base at all times. Excellent technique

I like turner a lot. I see a legitimate franchise LT when I watch him. Also, if you listen to him speak, he's a very intelligent kid. I don't money would persuade him.

Also, re: Gabe Jackson. He's also awesome. He's so nasty. I mean, he literally destroys people when he comes off the line.

Archived