• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dark horse pick for our first rounder... Mass Suicide would be had by all

Ricky Spanish

Good player but wont be the pick.

Go look at history of Giants and tell me the highest LB they ever took during Dave G. time there? NFL is a Nickle/Dime base defense now and having 3 great LB's just doesnt matter anymore. 

The San Francisco 49ers ring a bell? They're an elite defense because of their linebacking core. It ain't because of Justin Smith, Glenn Dorsey and Eric Reid.

Best defense in league Seattle. Name me their 5 best def players in order? (its a pass rush and great secondary) how high did a LB come up on that list? Panthers have great LB play but our D-line is what makes our defense great. I'll agree San Fran is led more by their LB's and have a great defense.

My point is the NFL and all of football really is a passing game now. Nickle and Dime packages dominate the personnel groups on the field. In College and High school many defenses are going to a 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 to get more speed on the field consistently. It is just the fact of how football is changing. That is why many teams are going back to running power runs but disguising t by running it from a pistol or shotgun. The giants have had a solid defense over the last decade and have never had great LB's unless you think Antonio Pierce was elite. I bet you can name the numerous great D-Lineman they have had.  

Best defense in league Seattle. Name me their 5 best def players in order? (its a pass rush and great secondary) how high did a LB come up on that list? Panthers have great LB play but our D-line is what makes our defense great. I'll agree San Fran is led more by their LB's and have a great defense.

My point is the NFL and all of football really is a passing game now. Nickle and Dime packages dominate the personnel groups on the field. In College and High school many defenses are going to a 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 to get more speed on the field consistently. It is just the fact of how football is changing. That is why many teams are going back to running power runs but disguising t by running it from a pistol or shotgun. The giants have had a solid defense over the last decade and have never had great LB's unless you think Antonio Pierce was elite. I bet you can name the numerous great D-Lineman they have had.  

Getting to the qb and the ability to cover until they get there seems to be the winning theme on defense. Seattle does it better than anyone in the league right now. 

BPA!!!!!As long as it's a WR, or OT.

Just one more quality WR to pair with Cotchery and let the kids have a chance to shine. Hellz, get me my LT, and I don't care what else you do. BPA, or by need. You are still/should get good talent.

I guess what I am trying to say is; We should expect 2-3 starters from the draft. With what we have right now, that may not end up too bad. Add starter quality talent at LT, and WR through the draft or FA and we can be pretty good again.

Lots of kids gonna get lots of looks this year. In theory, we should pretty much know where our weak links are by the end of the year. Next year, with luck, we should be able to actually sign some higher quality FA. Finish out the roster before the draft. Our first year of no need BPA pickings. And there was great rejoicing.

Chances are, there will be NO offensive tackle worthy of the 28th pick.  After the big three and Martin, the rest are second rounders at best.

Best chance of a good value at 28 would be one of the top 3 CB's, one of the top 5 or 6 WR's, possibly a TE, and then Shazier.  Just depends on how it stacks up.

I would not expect a tackle in the first round due not only to the lack of value but Gmans tendancies NOT to draft O lineman in general early on in the draft.

Getting to the qb and the ability to cover until they get there seems to be the winning theme on defense. Seattle does it better than anyone in the league right now.

Sounds familiar. There is a light in the back of my mind. Something about teams liking to stop the run, rush the passer, and in general, raise havoc with just your down four. If you want a great D, you have to have a great front 4. Well, we gots that covered.

I wish our DBs were near as good as theirs. But I bet they want their LBs to be as good as ours.

I personally, don't care about rankings. I care about effectiveness. And our D was damm effective last year. I expect that to continue. As long as we keep the points down, create some turnovers, and continue to harass QBs we should be among the best. That's all that really matters. To me anywho.

Archived