• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ed Dickson visiting the Panthers

SCP

If Dickson is signed then there might not be room for Williams unless he shows that he can block. Honestly, with his strength and overall body size; he should be a great blocker and he could very well prove that during the offseason and preseason. However, if somehow he doesn't (and Dickson is signed), Williams might not make the roster due to the numbers game.

More big targets for Cam, the better. He needs big targets. I think Dickson's hands issue is overblown. He's been a solid player in the past.

It's not...his hands are just as big if not a bigger question than GInns was when we brought him in.

Aaron Wilson article: http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#story/bal-source-ed-dickson-visiting-expected-to-join-panthers-20140409/

Source: Ed Dickson visiting, expected to join Panthers

"Dickson drew interest from other NFL teams, including the Jacksonville Jaguars, Buffalo Bills, New York Jets and New York Giants."

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

It's not...his hands are just as big if not a bigger question than GInns was when we brought him in.

He only dropped 4 out of 43 last year.  Not great, but not horrible.  Certainly on the left of the spectrum though.

Olsen by comparison dropped 4 out of 111, but Olsen has great hands compared to most of the league.

He only dropped 4 out of 43 last year.  Not great, but not horrible.  Certainly on the left of the spectrum though.

Olsen by comparison dropped 4 out of 111, but Olsen has great hands compared to most of the league.

Yea that's nearly 10%....that's awful...if that isn't awful then what % is fine in your opinion since Olsen is at 3.6%

This signing would be all about potential upside and that's it...hoping that we get something out of him that hasn't really manifested before(aside from a 500 5TD year that ONE time).

This isn't about wow we are getting a solid player or even a good starter...he's someone else's backup....who had issues with drops and trouble blocking...

Even still I would fine with the attempt as we need competition and more options in the receiving area.....it's more of a low risk high reward type of scenario that Gman seems to favor....but people can't sit here and pretend this is something it's not...

Like people blast Nicks or w/e FA because they didn't sign with Carolina then if they would have came here they would have been the poo....this scenario reminds me of that because if some Ed Dickson signed with Tampa or Atlanta pretty much everyone would be like "oh wow haha that guy drops the ball too much haha teh tardz Falconz yall sucks"

Archived