• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Playoff Game 1: Charlotte Bobcats @ Miami Heat

Why not cry about it? It's not like keeping our mouths shut as fans will change it either? When you have two teams who are not playing on a level playing field, the game is a farce anyway. What are we supposed to talk about? We didn't lose because of how we played. We lost because of the game was officiated.

That's is so well put I'm speechless. Bravo.

If you think we lost solely because of the way the game was officiated then you need to watch sports more often.

Of course it's not that cut and dry. The bobcats were flat outplayed in the 4th qtr and a bit before. Without the bad reffing we could have frustrated the Heat from making the comeback. I've never been big on blaming officiating but I've never seen anything like this. It's just a bit shocking at the moment.

Hendo shooting 3-9 really hurt as did Ridnour shooting 1-5. However, even with those two shooting a combined 4-14 the Bobcats shot 45% to the Heat's 46%.

We actually had more rebounds and more assists than the Heat and we were tied with them in steals.

What really hurt was the lack of free throws (nothing we can do about it) as Miami was +14 in that category and allowing Miami to go bat poo crazy from the three point line (47%). 13 turnovers didn't help either, we need to be around the 7 to 10 range in order to beat the Heat.

With that said, here are my keys to game 2.

- Get production from Henderson (15+ points)

- Get in the lane and force them to call fouls (don't be anymore than -5 in the free throw column)

- Keep the turnovers down (10 or less)

- Create more turnovers (10+)

- Don't let them shoot lights out from the three point line (35% or less)

If we pair those things with the things we did today (rebound, move the ball, play good defense inside the three point line, limit fast break points) then we'll win the next game.

Of course the refs weren't the total reason, but the fact is, you can't beat a team like the Heat AND beat the officials.  It's not going to happen.  You have to play a PERFECT game, where the Heat can play a semi-decent game and still win because they have officiating support.   Not to mention when you need a perfect game and your best player is hobbling around the court.  People can call other people crazy/tin-foil hat wearers, but if you don't see the biased calls in the NBA and the NFL you are just plain blind.  It might always be an uphill battle for Charlotte teams, we just have to get used to it, and hope that the odds will finally roll in our favor and we DO play a perfect game.  

Archived