• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

tell me about your se asia trips

Fiz

I'm leaving this hell hole india in june and spending three weeks in SE asia to celebrate moving back to a land where people don't wipe their asses with their hand.

I want to see all the crazy thailand poo, Angkor Wat, and Vietnam or some poo.

Tell me about what you did thanks in advance

Vietnam and Cebu were the best so far. Course I travelled for work.

Vietnam is nice, course you've already missed TET. As with anywhere else. Street vendor food and drink (ice) is not recommended

From what Philly, and my friend who lives in Shanghai told me, as well as everything I've read so far, street food is perfectly fine and really the way to go to get a full SEA cultural experience.

water based items are what you need to watch out for.  If it is hot and cooked, okay, but lots of times, these guys carry blocks of ice around and just shave it off for your drinks.

Buddy of mine spent about 4 of the 5 days in HCMC in his room...well you know.  Most places give you bottled water in the rooms which is great, but also brush your teeth with the bottled water just in case.

I have not been troubled by any issues, but I have also taken a few precautions.  Some incredible food there for sure

Vietnam and Cebu were the best so far.  Course I travelled for work.

Vietnam is nice, course you've already missed TET.  As with anywhere else.  Street vendor food and drink (ice) is not recommended

I was actually in Bangkok for Tet and the mini street civil war.

Street food in SE Asia is the greatest thing in the world. Just don't drink water from puddles or whatever. 

I've heard from numerous people that India might be the worst country ever visited

Somehow it's remarkably beautiful and indescribably horrible all at the same time.

As a whole, the country, city of Hyderabad, and people of India are all the worst I've ever encountered and I've been to some poo holes. The food is terrible, the climate is hideous, nothing works, and Indians are impossible to do business with.

Still, I've seen some unbelievable things and I don't regret coming over here. The good things are as good as the bad things are bad.

Honestly it might have all been worth it for the taj mahal and I'm not exaggerating. 

9aX3rWul.jpg

Vietnam war eh?

Yeah, I question his sanity for enlisting, not drafted, in 1968 and volunteering to be a doorgunner on a huey gunship. He was in Phu Hiep for those wondering.

Then again I did three times the amount in combat and I was infantry. Not scared of flying but i much prefer to fight on the ground.

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived