• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy Arrested

"Had to be restrained"? Seriously? Lock yourself in a room and call the police. A 100lb drunk woman tripping over her feet to slap a 6'4 260lb man is not threatening to him. He put himself in that situation and then put his hands on her instead of moving himself away from the situation.

And for the 100th time...

It's not about money. Nicki is just as rich as Greg.

I find it both embarrassing and alarming that so many men are rushing to justify a nearly 300lb football player putting his hands on a 100lb woman.

It doesn't take a 200 pound broad to pick up a knife and cut your ass.

She would have called 911 while being held down?

Hardy being the one to make the call doesn't mean a thing.

It means alot.

If she was "setting" this up for a payday, she would have called, not Hardy.  Furthermore, if Hardy wanted to hurt this woman, she would be hospitalized.  

This was a drunk altercation where Hardy screwed up and put his hands on a woman... Agents tell players to run away from the conflict and do not restrain or touch the other person.

In cases like this (as well as rape: see duke lacrosse case) they examine everything. Any sign of trauma, no matter how minuscule gets evaluated and considered.

There is a chance that Greg did this, unfortunately. However, there is also a chance that this has been fabricated. We're hearing a lot of different stories right now.

What I've read so far doesn't sound too good for Hardy.

Regardless of how the story played out, her having treatable injuries - especially given the size difference - looks pretty bad.

On several of the more serious things you listed there are actually different types, for instance, assault with a deadly weapon very well can be charged as a serious felony offense. Depends on what the accused is being charges with doing

Yep, I had an 18 yr old point a gun at me while washing my car and demanded my wallet. He ended up serving 5 yrs on 6 felony charges, not sure why pointing a gun at someone would not be a felony.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

It means alot.

If she was "setting" this up for a payday, she would have called, not Hardy.  Furthermore, if Hardy wanted to hurt this woman, she would be hospitalized.  

This was a drunk altercation where Hardy screwed up and put his hands on a woman... Agents tell players to run away from the conflict and do not restrain or touch the other person.

It means nothing.  Guilty parties often call 911 to try to make themselves look like the victims.

As to the victim, she refused treatment at the scene but was taken to the ER.

Your theory that he would have hurt her much worse has no basis in fact.

It means nothing.  Guilty parties often call 911 to try to make themselves look like the victims.

As to the victim, she refused treatment at the scene but was taken to the ER.

Your theory that he would have hurt her much worse has no basis in fact.

I'm not suggesting any theories, but commenting on the reports I read.

One talks about scratches and bruises and restraining the lady.

One says Hardy thrown her down on a tub, futon and then strangled her.

In my opinion, if a 100 lbs woman is thrown on a tub and futon and then strangled by a 260 or 290 lbs and he is saying he is going to kill her, then the woman would be seriously injured.  The first story about scratches and bruising via restraint correlates more with what actual injuries have been reported.

But, again, who knows for sure.  

Sounds to me this is an argument that got out of hand. Greg may have grabbed her and apparently threatened her. She was scared of him so she reported it and filed a restraining order. It does not sound like he beat her and it does not sound like she is looking for a big payday.

I'm not suggesting any theories, but commenting on the reports I read.

One talks about scratches and bruises and restraining the lady.

One says Hardy thrown her down on a tub, futon and then strangled her.

In my opinion, if a 100 lbs woman is thrown on a tub and futon and then strangled by a 260 or 290 lbs and he is saying he is going to kill her, then the woman would be seriously injured. The first story about scratches and bruising via restraint correlates more with what actual injuries have been reported.

But, again, who knows for sure.

Your opinion is pretty fuging stupid.