• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

with the second pick of the first round....

I'd love this guy...he is a great fit with Big Al.....while teams guard the post with Al, this guy

can pick and pop even from 3 point range.  Would make us very hard to defend, and the perfect

guy for Kemba to dish to.. 

Adreian Payne

Ht: 6-10

Wt: 240

An explosive big with shooting range to the college 3-point line ... Shot a very impressive 42.3% on 3.4 3-point attempts per game as a college senior ... Payne should be a quality "pick and pop" option in the NBA because of his toughness and shooting stroke ... Very good free throw shooter (about 80% in his final two seasons at MSU) ... He comes off as being a bit stiff in his movements, but is as explosive off 2 feet as they come ... A banger on the block. Has decent post moves and a good stroke ... Improving feel around the basket and in the post, especially when it comes to making a counter move and passing out of double teams ... Known to be an "intangibles" guy who is a good leader and hard worker ... Physical. Has toughness you'd expect from an Izzo coached player ... Wiry strong -- entered MSU with a slender frame but has filled out well ... Appears to be the type of player that is even stronger than he looks ... Really showed off his athleticism in the college dunk contest, where many agree he had the most impressive dunk of the event, doing a 360 while bringing the ball down to his feet mid-air before throwing it down with authority.

I don't think he'll be there.

Yeah I can see him going in the top 20 now.

Yeah Chad Ford's latest mock (espn.com) has him going 13th to the Timberwolves.  I think that's a reach, but still...gotta co-sign on him being gone before 24.  

Archived