• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boundaries With Parents

The Saltman

My parents have pretty much become lunatics ever since I got married and had kids.

I mean I have my own family and you can't keep guilt tripping me because you can't come over whenever you want and get upset when I say no to things.

It's like they don't realize that now my own families priorities are more important to me in the grand scheme of things than them.

Anybody else have this same dilemma?

My parents have pretty much become lunatics ever since I got married and had kids.

I mean I have my own family and you can't keep guilt tripping me because you can't come over whenever you want and get upset when I say no to things.

It's like they don't realize that now my own families priorities are more important to me in the grand scheme of things than them.

Nope, my parents live +500 miles away and dislike my wife. My inlaws used to be like that, but I they've calmed down since I went back to college.

Yep I deal with this weekly.

My wife (her on some weekends) and I both work so our time is limited with her so when we are together we want to spend time with just us

I get it but yeah.

While creepy I think it's only natural to love you child regardless how old they become.

When I came home from my last deployment my mom wanted me to go home with her and sleep with her in bed so she could hold me. As creepy and disgusting as that sounds, I get it, a mother wanted to hold her son. Of course she got pissed off when I wanted to go home to my wife.

I get the same thing, complaints of the in-laws seeing them more. The reason is that the in laws take the initiative to come see us and maybe buy lunch.

I also get the "you aren't raising the children Christian enough, even though neither of them are old enough to read yet", yay.

Sent from my iPhone while admiring feet using CarolinaHuddle

I dont think its always guilt as much as passive aggressive form of communication.

Many people dont know how to be direct or honest and flexible at the same time.

I have a grandmother who tries to do this but I don't play the same game. I said we cant make it and thats the end of it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived