• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just got a major promotion

I'm dead serious when I recommend that you go to Costco for your hearing aids.  If you're not a member, you can still go for the hearing test.  If you choose to buy the hearing aids, you have to join then.  But for the price and the service, it's completely worth it.  My husband got his there - less than $2000 for the pair.  He went to 3 or 4 places and had tests at all.  All of the tests were right in line with one another.  My husband has had his for about 8 or 9 months now.  He's completely happy with them.  He got the ones pictured in the link in this post - for his loss, they are the best as he has loss in the higher end rather than lower end - so he still hears the lower sounds on his own.  You can't even tell he has them on - he chose a color (well, I did), that matched his hair and unless you know they're there, you don't see them. Here's a link -  http://www.costco.com/hearing-aid-styles.html .  Google Costco for hearing aids and you read all kinds of good stuff.  Very low pressure and once they test you, you can put on a pair and walk around to see how they are before you place an order.  Ask for a dryer - it's technically not included with these, but they gave my husband one for free.  He doesn't need it, but he's got it.  Oh - and you need to set up an appointment for your test - it'll take about an hour. 

And agree - it's silly that insurance doesn't pay for hearing aids.

Archived