• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Agency Targets: Gordon Heyward 

I have seen Heyward mentioned in a few free agency threads but he gets a shrug about max money vs other money...which most likley be close to max bc that is his market value.

Heyward is a player I would have on my short list if GM of the Hornets Max money or not...just get him.

A true 6'8 small forward with at a fully developed 220 poumds.  

Strong upperbody to finish in traffic regularly.  Stout defender who plays passing lanes well and has great defensive pursuit to showcase great anticipation and timing on blocks. 

Great shooter, can play a point forward role great feel for the game. Above avg ball handler. Great athletic ability overcoming his chronic condition(full blown WASP'ey)

He would be good enough to push MKG to a bench role where he is best suited at this time. Heyward just offers skills the Hornets have lacked in a wing player that is much needed. 

Likley target: Boston Celtics (to reunite with his coach from Butler)  

35% chance he is a Hornet. 

Season/career highlights but showcase his athletic ability, great balance on drives and outstanding open court defense. 

Jazz vs Thunder 

-his career high game where he is a smooth, fundemental guy with great athletic ability and first step.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=855WxqfIqgg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I just see him as a high level upgrade to this team and he is deserving of any contract that the likes of a Stephenson would command without the locker room headaches and wild mood swings.

i wouldnt give a max contract, but after watching the highlights I am way more impressed with his game than before.. like most of us, i dont watch to many Jazz games and I think he could be great here (for the right price)

Before I seen his highlights I thought he was a one dimensional decent SF. 

Man was I wrong. 

Imagine Hayward and Stauskas out on the perimeter together.

Ball handling, passing, and shooting for days.

I didn't catch a lot of Jazz games this year, but he only shot 41% from the field and 30% from three. That isn't exactly the most efficient shooting for a wing.

I usually hate just looking at stats but I only watched Utah when they played us, so maybe someone more familiar can fill me in on why his efficiency was way down.

I didn't catch a lot of Jazz games this year, but he only shot 41% from the field and 30% from three. That isn't exactly the most efficient shooting for a wing.

I usually hate just looking at stats but I only watched Utah when they played us, so maybe someone more familiar can fill me in on why his efficiency was way down.

He has shot over 40% from 3, 2 out of his 4 seasons. 

When you are the go to scorer who automatically will be forced to take bad shots as the shot clock is winding down. Not to mention being the focal point of the D. 

Hayward is a solid - good shooter. 

Hayward in Clifford's system Is a 18-20 ppg, 5 rebounds and 5-7 assist guy with shooting numbers in the 40% range from 3.

Is that worth a max contract on just stats????? I think so, not many 18-5-5 guys in the NBA who can shoot the three that well.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived